Location: United Kingdom
- Leading the development of an effective customer facing IT team, developing appropriate service responses and establishing clear service expectations for the office Managers, Staff, and contractors
- Establishing and managing the direction of IT within the European Region, ensuring consistency of terminals IT practices and goals within group strategy and corporate governance,
- Co-ordinating IT/Cyber Security in the European Region,
- Ensuring IT projects within the European Region are delivered on time and on budget,
- Organising and overseeing the implementation of Company IT Policies, with particular emphasis on: terminal security, software licensing strategies, backup and restore, disaster recovery,
- Coaching the regional IT team to improve their skills and knowledge and help them work efficiently and effectively and to manage future IT department succession planning,
- Degree level qualifications in a computing or business discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience within a comparable role
- Ability to collate and disseminate facts ensuring that the audience understands information being presented supported by high presentation proficiency to present projects in a variety of forums to different levels of business
- Demonstrable experience of managing others efficiently and effectively to meet personal and business targets
- Experience in establishing developing and sustaining supplier relationships
- Effective management of a significant IT budget and expenditure;
- Established facilitation, negotiating and influencing skills
Location: United Kingdom
- Conducting in depth research into multiple areas including Country and Regional analysis, customer databases, industry sources, competitors and factors/trends driving trade of goods;
- Developing market analyses including regional and competitive trending to develop and maintain a constant understanding of market outlook, new opportunities and risk elements;
- Preparing innovative presentational materials to use in regional and business unit sales process;
- Using excel modelling of business opportunities and transactions under guidance and direction of the Business Development Team; develop financial valuation analysis of transactions
- Degree level education in Business Administration, Finance or related field;
- Knowledge and experience of the maritime and logistics industries;
- Strong marketing & strategic planning background;
- 5 or more years’ experience in a marketing/research background;
- 5 or more years’ experience in middle management or senior management support role in CRM, relationship management etc.
Location: United Kingdom
- To ensure that all repair and maintenance activities are executed at the highest level of efficiency and quality, at the most optimum cost.
- To ensure that all projects, repair and maintenance activities will be executed following DPW Safety standards, engineering procedures developed in line with UK regulations.
- Provide support during the delivery and commissioning of the equipment on site in order to be conducted in a safe and organised manner.
- Provide clear communications between all relevant departments within the business.
- Gear Boxes, mechanical drives, engines, hydraulics, lifting equipment with some basic understanding of electrical engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of equipment maintenance/engineering.
- Professionally qualified in mechanical discipline.
- Experience and knowledge of HSE regulations related to equipment maintenance and activities.
Location: United Kingdom
- Execute repair and maintenance activities according LG engineering processes, procedures and safety regulations.
- Assist the team in the implementation of H&S policies and procedures in the maintenance organisation.
- To ensure that method statements and risk assessments of all the repair and maintenance activities are documented, implemented and updated as necessary.
- Support the management of contractors during delivery and commissioning of the equipment.
- Assist the team to determine stocks and inventory levels.
- Assist the team in order to improve equipment performance at the lowest possible cost.
- National Qualifications Framework – Minimum Level 3 Qualification
- HNC or ONC in Electrical Engineering preferred
ENTRY LEVEL CASUAL STEVEDORE
Location: United Kingdom
DP World Australia’s Melbourne Terminal is our busiest worksite, employing over 700 employees. The current stevedoring opportunities are entry level roles. You will start as a casual with an opportunity to move to more permanent arrangements in future. You will receive generous remuneration including shift premiums and overtime.
- Driving a heavy vehicle – We run approximately 50 straddles which are heavy vehicles that are used to move shipping containers. Straddle drivers operate the vehicle from a cabin approximately 12 metres high.
- Manual tasks – Working in teams performing manual tasks including lifting up to 30kg. Due to the physical nature of this work, you will be required to demonstrate you can safely pass a lifting test prior to employment as part of a broader medical and physical assessment.
- A current and valid full Driver's licence
- A current and valid Forklift licence (or willing to obtain a licence prior to commencement)
- Able to work safely and as part of a team
- Available to work in a shift environment
- Able to work at heights
- Physically capable to undertake heavy manual tasks
DIRECTOR INDUSTRIAL PARKS AND ECONOMIC ZONES
- Identify potential projects that fit into the DPW/IPEZ global strategy.
- Conduct due diligence, appraisal and prepare proposal for projects.
- Negotiate development or any other type of agreement with potential partners.
- Ensure that IPEZ projects are executed and operational within agreed time frame.
- Assist the regional and local teams in setting up new projects.
- Minimum 15 Years' working experience
- Minimum 10 Years' senior level experience working in economic zones and/or Industrial parks environment.
- Experience in the real state, economic development, investment promotion, logistics, shipping, trade facilitation sectors will be an advantage.
- Provide administrative support to the division to include phone support, meetings, basic business research, appointments calendars, drafting emails, letters, preparing presentations and other requirements
- Access and manage the COO email and phone functions and ensure that all correspondence is handled and priority items are processed in a confidential manner
- Manage the coordination of calendars (as required) for division ensuring smooth flow of meetings.
- Make necessary arrangements for Business travel for the COO and any other members of the department as required. This includes preparing itinerary, coordinating with travel agents, hotel booking, visa formalities and arrangements for travel allowance with Finance department so as to ensure that all aspects of business travel are taken into account well in advance.
- Setting up and maintaining the division’s administrative processes and procedures efficiently and in line with business requirements
- Ensure efficient filing and easy retrieval of department documents as well as appropriate document control and archiving as required
- Administration / Office Professional Diploma or Certificate
- Bachelor degree level not required but preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) and usage of Internet
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required. Fluency in English language is mandatory. Arabic, French or Spanish an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ senior level administrative experience working as an Office Manager or Senior Administrator / PA for Executive Management level within a multinational/global organisation
- Previous experience in a Logistics department or organisation not required but preferred
SENIOR MANAGER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Lead the execution of the Business Development process for new projects – Plus provide guidance to others in the BD function on performing the key elements of the BD Process. Such guidance is to both other members of the BD team at the corporate level and also to people performing BD functions in the regions.
- To provide guidance to the regions on their projects and their process through the DP World approval process.
- Lead efforts to raise external project finance for new business units and advising other team members (and regions) on issues faced in project finance.
- Participate in strategic portfolio management. Review and recommend to Senior Management on initiatives affecting the global DP World portfolio.
- Education Assistance for Dependents
- Annual Air Ticket(s) for self / and dependents
- Private Medical Coverage for self / and dependents
- working days annual leave
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- Develop, update and implement operational policies and standards in line with Asset management strategy. Work in collaboration with Head Office Safety & Environment, Security and Engineering as necessary, as well as Regional Offices to ensure all stakeholders’ needs are addressed and considered.
- Conduct Business Process Improvement assessments with LEAN management principles. Manage the internal assessment function including the preparation of assessment plans, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs, analysis of data gathered prior and during the assessment visit on site, assessment reports writing, reviews and updates of the agreed operational action plan (OAP). Make recommendations on the systems and processes being assessed including safety and environment and advise CEO and executive management team how to improve their efficiency and aim to provide continuous improvement of DP World’s operations. Distribute the Executive Summary report to the SVP Global Operations, Regional SVP and Head of Business Unit.
- Set, measure and constantly monitor Business Units’ performance KPIs including operational cost. Initially with the help of the older BMS system. Assist with the development of the Terminal Performance Analytics TPA the portfolio wide KPI tool and provide feedback to the project implementation team.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within container terminal operations with a keen interest in best business practices and process improvement.
- In depth knowledge of container terminals organisation, operations, TOS, vessel, yard and resource planning, procedures, business processes, budgeting and related financial controls.
- Proven experience in successful process improvement projects.
- Analytical thinking towards continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- LEAN six sigma knowledge desirable.
- Project Management skills preferable.
GENERAL MANAGER GROUP TREASURY
- Oversee the activities of the Treasury Manager and manage the tasks in the Treasury Manager’s absence
- Arranging Corporate facilities and leading negotiations for arranging and managing existing facilities and new debt.
- Ensure adequate committed finance is available to fund the Group’s activities.
- Manage funding requirements for subsidiaries and joint ventures as required. Have day to day responsibility for structuring, arranging and concluding financing arrangements.
- Ensure cash is managed in a manner as to ensure availability of funds when required for deployment within the business while any excess funds are earning the highest possible return without undertaking undue risks.
- Negotiate derivatives with banks for the corporate as well as group companies to ensure best possible solution for the identified exposure.
- Tertiary level qualification - Bachelor degree in the finance field
- Appropriate professional qualification and membership of internationally recognised Treasury/Finance body
- 10 - 15 years post qualification experience within a bank or large multinational with at least 5 years of experience at a senior level within the finance department