Jobs at this level will be involved in setting, supervising and carrying out activities associated with NPCC construction functions, ensuring that necessary resources are available and that work is completed on schedule and to required safety and quality standards. These jobs could be located on projects, within the Operations function or in the Yard. ?Plan, organize & prioritize activities. ?Co-ordinate activities. ?Approve and supervise work plans. ?Proposes project support facilities. ?Ensures availability of tools, consumables and ocumentation. ?Co-ordinates demobilization activities. ?Monitors Manpower Plan & equipment usage. ?Estimates data input. ?Troubleshoots & de-bottlenecks. ?Mentors staff. ?Client contact. ?Procedures compliance. ?Motivates, trains & develops staff. ?Staff appraisal ?Compliance in accordance with HSE Standard.
- Diploma in Engineering or 12 years schooling & a discipline- specific technical qualification.
- Attendance at courses & seminars.
- 15 year’s relevant experience.
- Supervisory experience– Team leader.
- Good communication skills and a strong cultural awareness.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Initiative and sound judgement.
- Written and spoken English – Report writing.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
SR. YARDS ENGINEER
- Jobs at this level are responsible for direction and coordination of site resources on less complex Projects, or as part of a substantive large Project.
- They are also responsible for the coordination (with PMT, Engineering, procurement and Client) of the required project resources as related to the section scope of work in order to ensure that the construction meets all client contractual requirements in the most effective and efficient manner up to the mechanical completion, and in some cases up to start-up.
- Review contract.
- Planning package.
- Reviews Engineering documentation.
- Project specific procedures.
- Sub-contractor scope of work.
- Client deliverables/progress plan.
- Job instructions & variation proposals.
- Supervises Section Engineer activities
- Client approvals.
- Co-ordinates activities.
- Vendor deliverables.
- Report preparation & invoices.
- B.Sc. in Engineering.
- 8 years’ experience with proven construction management experience.
- Commercial awareness and cost effectiveness.
- Influencing ability.
- English language.
- Report writing skills.
- Good communication skills and committed team player/leader.
- Decision maker
- Maintain complete set valid class & Flag state certificates for NPCC / SMC vessel.
- Report details of all jobs and activities relative to DP vessel surveys to the DP marine superintendent.
- Coordinate with the regulatory authorities for surveys & inspections to be conducted within the defined time frame.
- Ensure that NPCC / SMC vessels are equipped with necessary lifesaving appliances & firefighting equipment and ensure that all are in good operating condition.
- Ensure all vessels personnel comply with regulatory training requirements as per standards of DP training, certificates & watch keeping (STCW) 95 & NPCC / client requirement.
- Diploma in Marine studies.
- Unlimited Master certificate class I.
- Minimum of 5 years’ as a Master on DP vessels and 2 years’ work experience as Port Captain.
- DP Unlimited certificate
- Must have extensive time as DPO - with ideally in excess of 8000 hours DP time.
- Must be familiar with IMO (International Maritime Organization) regulations.
- Must be familiar with ISM (International Safety Management) & ISPS (International Ship & Port Security) codes.
- Must be familiar with IMCA (International Marine Contractors Association)
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Good Computer skills.