· Execute Process Engineering work for Safety, Operability and Maintenance Projects
· Execute Process Engineering work for Major Engineering Projects
· Conducting feasibility studies and developing design bases in support of new project development
· Support Operational Support Engineer Activities which require regular liaison with production & maintenance, and proposing and reviewing solutions to operational problems. It is expected that the successful candidate will be a regular visitor to the offshore production facility.
· Process system performance monitoring and proactive intervention to correct and/or enhance
· Participate in Process Design Reviews and Hazard Reviews
· Conduct project safety and startup reviews.
· Mentor Process Engineering Interns within OPQL FEC Department
· Be capable to handle complete delegation from Lead Process Engineer, Operations Support Engineer etc.
· BSc. (Hons) or equivalent in Chemical Engineering
· Part of the core Facilities' Engineering, Reservoir Engineering and Operations Team for delivery of multi discipline projects across all offshore assets in Qatar in support of development, safety enhancement, operability and maintenance projects.
· Opportunities for Fresh Graduates and Experienced Employees
· Bachelor Degree/Post grad qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
· Physical inspection, monitor daily site operations to ensure compliance with approved Quality Plan.
· Monitor progressive documentation compilation by Contractor for work being carried out to ensure that a full close out of the contracted work can be achieved rapidly following completion of the work.
· Identify any detrimental trends and advise Head of Construction and Contractor of concerns. Raise NCR’s for management system and procedural deficiencies
· Inspect and monitor Contractor welding and NDT activities ensuring compliance with specifications. Complete Inspection surveillance forms for welding and testing operations.
· Monitor hydrotesting activities, monitor all punchlisting against P &ID’s as a process check and against all isometrics for mechanical checks, witness and endorse final test packs.
· Review and witness compilation of system completion and handover documentation being prepared by Contractor
· Liase with Contractor QC and ensure that they are aware of any project or specification amendments
· Review documentation received for Contractor procured material to ensure compliance with specification and OPQL / industry standards.
· Advise Head of Construction of any safety concerns and generally be vigilant on all matters of safety, reinforcing OPQL’s safety policies and commitment to safety to the Contractor at all times.
· Produce weekly QC reports
· Achieve zero accidents
· Review field requirements and arrange supply vessels
· Supervise loading and unloading of cargo at the sea port
· Coordinate with contractors and arrange timely delivery and pick up of material
· Conduct safety meetings
· Ensure all employees use proper PPE while working
· Offer assistance to incoming and outgoing passengers at the port
· Ensure freight is properly secured
· Ensure all hazardous cargo are properly labeled and secured
· Business Degree with 5 years’ experience OR Secondary School with 10 years’ experience
Occidental Petroleum of Qatar (OPQL) is pleased to offer a potential opportunity to a creative and knowledgeable Operations Engineer. As an Operations Engineer at OPQL you will be part of an integrated team of geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to maximize economic recovery from various offshore reservoirs. You will find that Qatar offshore operations are unique within Oxy, providing the right candidate with experiences only available in Oxy Qatar. Using a SCADA system that provides real time data streams of down hole and surface operating parameters, Ops. Engineers have significant input into capital development and operational decisions, provide critical field surveillance, and provide needed well work recommendations. Ops. Engineers mature their workover proposals through the design, approval, and implementation stages. Ops. Engineers also provide input into development drilling, well completion, and stimulation decisions. If your interests lie in driving large well work and reservoir surveillance activities, a job with OPQL may be the right fit for you. Oxy is looking for motivated individuals with the following qualifications to fill an Operations Engineering position on one of our Reservoir Management Teams (RMT). If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, action-oriented team please submit your resume for this position.
· Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering
· Ability to conduct production surveillance activities using DSS, Spotfire, etc.
· Successful experience in waterflood surveillance and resulting activities
· Experience working with various artificial lift techniques: gas lift, ESP, etc.
· Working understanding of drilling, reservoir, and production operations issues
· Proven ability to diagnose and respond to downhole and surface well issues
· Working knowledge of inflow performance theory and practical application
Location: UNITED STATES
· Provide full purchasing support for plant capital projects performed at Houston Operations, Ingleside, TX, Wichita, KS, Taft, LA, Convent, LA and Geismar, LA facilities.
· Specific duties include issuing purchasing orders, expediting orders, negotiations, bid preparations/evaluations and selection of suppliers.
· Purchase goods and services at the most favorable cost, supporting the use of national strategic contracts where possible, utilizing terms consistent with all relevant factors such as delivery, quality and quantity in accordance with all corporate policies and procedures.
· Support the Manager – Capital Procurement as required on large capital projects.
· Negotiate contracts and terms and conditions as necessary to protect Oxy’s financial interests.
· Support Contractor Qualification Process through the Avetta system assuring compliance with the OxyChem Contractor Management Program.
· Keep abreast of the current market for new products and services. Investigate potential new suppliers to determine their ability to furnish products or services.
· Reconcile past due orders through expediting, securing proof of delivery or reconciling goods receipts for Capital projects.
· Develop and implement cost reduction programs consistent with overall corporate and regional business strategies.
· Resolve blocked invoices and invoicing errors and disputes with suppliers in a timely manner.
· Monitor the performance of suppliers and address issues as expressed by plants serviced.
· Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain, Engineering or Business Administration preferred), plus 3+ years purchasing experience
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
· Excellent time management and organization skills
· Demonstrated ability to be a self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
· SAP experience preferred
· Advanced level of proficiency in PC applications and operating systems including Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and SharePoint)
Location: UNITED STATES
· Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
· Develop and implement programs to comply with federal, state and local environmental regulations, permit requirements, internal policies and standards.
· Prepares reports associated with environmental performance (e.g., spills, emissions, discharges, etc.).
· Assist facilities with monitoring, sampling and testing programs and activities as needed to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements and permit limitations.
· Participate in audits and other regulatory compliance assurance activities.
· Assess impact of newly issued or revised regulations and recommend procedure modifications as appropriate.
· Review environmental impacts of capital construction projects.
· Provide oversight on engineering projects to satisfy environmental, health and safety objectives.
· Prepare environmental permit applications and negotiate permit conditions with regulators.
· Bachelor’s degree (Chemical, Environmental, Civil, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science).
· 5+ years of plant experience and working knowledge of environmental laws and regulations (Multi-media experience)
· High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to read, write and speak in English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis. Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Location: UNITED STATES
· Perform installation, calibration, configuration, and maintenance activities on wired and wireless instrumentation for surface facilities and wells.
· Perform troubleshooting for process equipment hardware and programming of controllers such as PLCs, POCs (pump off controllers), and VSDs (variable speed drives).
· Install, maintain and troubleshoot facilities and well-communications equipment including but not limited to radios, access points, and network switches.
· Support maintenance, upgrades, and new installs on surface facilities and wells in coordination with other teams.
· Perform testing on end devices, alarms, and shutdowns for new installs and upgrades.
· Coordinate maintenance activities with the Operations team.
· Work jointly with the Operations and Electrical teams on process and equipment troubleshooting on facilities and wells in order to maximize systems’ availability.
· Document automation equipment maintenance.
· 5 or more years of oilfield experience.
· 3 or more years of oil and gas automation related experience.
· Understanding of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including but not limited to instrumentation configuration and PLC programming applications.
· Understanding of electrical equipment operation, maintenance and industry safety practices.
· Understanding of PLC hardware and programs based on ladder logic. Function blocks and structured text knowledge is desired.
Location: UNITED STATES
· Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority.
· Identify, evaluate, develop, specify, justify, install, and start-up process improvements to increase production capacity, improve operating reliability, reduce manufacturing costs, reduce energy usage, conserve raw materials, improve product yields and improve product quality.
· Participate in any opportunity to enhance safety, upgrade environmental safeguards, and provide for the overall optimization of process operation.
· Provide ongoing engineering assistance to operations including troubleshooting of process operating problems, conducting special tests, developing reports, providing technical assistance as required and reporting of production status.
· Provide coordination between the Production, Project, Maintenance and Corporate Engineering Departments regarding capital project implementation including preparation of AFE’s.
· Represent and/or assist production and engineering in matters of evaluation, selection and coordination and control of vendors supplying necessary operating services, consulting services, materials, equipment and other needs of operation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with a preferred minimum 5 years of engineering experience in manufacturing environment
Location: UNITED STATES
· Utilize and maintain tax systems and procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of tax filings.
· Ensure proper documentation of tax filings for audits and valuation negotiations.
· Maintain Excel, Access, and Department software applications to aid preparation of renditions, annual reports, payments, audits and other necessary reports.
· Assist in support preparation, negotiation and settlement of tax audits.
· Analyze and verify data provided by the Corporate Business Units prior to completing assigned work area returns
· Prepare payment requests for work area tax liabilities in accordance with applicable tax statutes.
· Timely update source data used in preparing Department’s annual budget of tax expense utilized by the corporation’s various Business Units.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
· Soft Skills - good communication both verbal & written, excellent analytical ability, problem solver, team player with ability to work independently as well, self-starter
· Computer Skills: Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook as well as other Microsoft and non-Microsoft Office database software.
· Flexible to periodic overtime