- Assists the Superintendent in developing the course curriculum and learning materials for Operations and Maintenance staff.
- Develops the training courses to various groups and levels of trainees using appropriate training techniques. This includes, simulator courses, course manuals, instructional materials and blended learning solutions.
- Monitors and evaluates the performances of trainees using Occupation Standards.
- Maintains accurate records of trainees performance/progress and provides on the job support and guidance for trainees during and after the training event to ensure effective transfer of learning to the job.
- Evaluates and continuously updates the training courses to meet competency framework requirements and ensure the training solutions are in line with industry best practice.
- Carries out competency based training and acts as Assessor/Internal Verifier for competency based training and assessment.
- B.Tech/B.E. - Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Petroleum, B.Sc - Any Specialization
HEAD - TECHNICAL TRAINING
- Plans & Implements technical training programme for the Graduate Engineer Trainees and Operator/Technician trainees in consultation with the technical departments in the company to ensure structured development of trainees within the company.
- Reviews & recommends technical training for professionals/Engineers working in technical department in consultation with departmental manager & technical Training Specialist to upgrade technical knowledge & skills of the technical professionals/Engineers.
- Evaluates Scholars Technical training education in various universities and Recommends for the programme for the approval to ensure that the programme/curriculum meets companys technical requirements.
- Provides strategic consulting in all aspects related to technical training for organization-wide initiatives and participates in the design, development and implementation of training programs of a broad organizational scope to meet learning & development objectives.
- Oversees the delivery of technical training specialists/Instructors and practical training & facilities at workshop/laboratories to ensure high standard of Technical training to the company trainees.
- Consults with cross functional project teams, leaders and/or stakeholders on technical training programmes and develop & implement customised technical training solutions with external subject matter experts.
- B.Tech/B.E. - Chemical, Mechanical, B.Sc - Any Specialization
CONTROL PANEL OPERATOR
The Bahrain Petroleum Company (BAPCO), wholly owned by the Government of Bahrain, is engaged in the oil industry including exploration and prospecting for oil, drilling, production, refining, distribution of petroleum products and natural gas, sales and exports of crude oil and refined products. The company owns and operates a 250,000 barrels-a-day refinery, storage facilities for more than 14 million barrels, a marketing terminal and a marine terminal for its petroleum products.
- B.Tech/B.E. - Chemical, Mechanical
- Resource Management: Checks progress and give guidance to support engineers, designers and field supervisors to ensure that all projects assigned are completed on time and within budget.
- Quality Control/Assurance: Responsible for high quality engineering outputs. Maintains integrity of engineering documentation by ensuring that all relevant company standards are followed.
- Cross Functional Activities: Provides engineering inputs for planning and execution of Process Plants T&Is, supports other engineering section project engineers in implementation of their projects.
- Project Management/Engineering: Develops, manages and implements justifiable projects after obtaining Company approvals. Prepares detailed specifications and designs in accordance with the relevant industry codes and company standards. Purchases systems and equipment and finalize Contracts in projects.
- Engineering Support: Completes investigations of problem assigned by Senior Mechanical Engineer and provides cost estimates for the implementation of solutions. Provides approved engineering drawings to carry out essential repairs. Provides specifications to Maintenance Department to purchase replacement equipment.
- Safety Management: Participates in Management of Change review teams and HAZOP studies to ensure safe working and operating conditions in the plant.
- B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Chemical, Mechanical
RELIABILITY INSPECTING ENGINEER
- Inspects process and utilities stationary equipment and systems in the process operating areas including columns and vessels, reactors, heat exchangers, condensers and coolers, lines and fittings, furnaces, cooling towers, tanks, structure, foundations and all other ancillaries in accordance with applicable codes, standards and procedures and proactively predicts future work requirements.
- Updates all the inspection and repair records of all inspected stationary equipment according to the applicable procedures to the available systems.
- Writes inspection work-lists detailing the methods of repair, materials to be used, fabrication and application methods including quality control and test procedures and make sure the job is completed as per work-list.
- Checks and approves the quality and correctness of construction and repair work in accordance with established standards, engineering drawings, work-lists and quality control procedures.
- Reviews engineering drawings for new construction and repair, extracts data for inspection and reliability records, raises and corrects anomalies as required.
- Participate in T&I activities and updates the reliability data and records for all routine and T&I inspection activities.
- Writes memoranda and reports on matters arising from equipment inspections and specifies required action.
- B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Chemical, Mechanical
- Define and develop the core curriculum for auto/diesel and heavy equipment (operation, repair & maintenance) used in oil & gas sector as per equipment operating & maintenance manual for technicians/trainees.
- Develop and conduct classroom & practical training programme to train technicians & trainees on maintenance and repair of Diesel Engines, Automobiles/Heavy equipment following manuals, specifications, blueprints, and schematics, and using hand tools, measuring instruments, and testing equipment etc.
- Prepare instruction material and course manual that includes course objective and specific technical modules, audio-visuals, instruction media for delivering training course objective for the technicians/ trainees in consultation with the maintenance departments.
- Instruct technicians and trainees on Auto/Diesel courses providing specific practical and theoretical skills reflecting in the maintenance job contents.
- Develop & Maintain own knowledge base in Auto/Diesel subject area, incorporate new skills and knowledge in to learning environment to enhance the quality of instruction.
- Interact with engineers and other subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of information produced in auto/diesel repair & maintenance area.
- B.Tech/B.E. - Automobile, Marine, Mechanical, B.Sc - Any Specialization