The Production Operator (Satellite) is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the Wells, Processes, systems and equipment in the assigned area of responsibility. Carries out a range of operations and maintenance activities in the assigned area of the production platform.
Carries out various operational activities on the wellhead platforms to ensure that oil/gas productions are met as per production target and services of Operators and contractors on assigned platforms to safely and efficiently achieve established production objectives with in company policies and procedures.
1. The Production Operator, Supervises & is accountable for directing contractors on all assigned platforms to carryout maintenance activities in accordance with approved procedures and manufacturer’s recommendations. He carries out variety of operational tasks, Including NFT, ACP diagnostic, Monitoring SCADA / DCS / ESP, NORM testing, , Echo enter usage, control system, implementing routing checks on platforms as per operators checklist on daily weekly basis.
2. Participate in and conduct formal training session, demonstrate core behaviours, and provide daily guidance on the job training to new Production Operators. Undertake & executes procedures as per company policy. Including but not limited to HSE policies.
3. Provide accurate and clear communications to the SPS and frequent contacts on the platform to control and provide information on ongoing production conditions, performance, and maintenance program.
4. Understand and have knowledge of the company’s Emergency Response Procedures, & perform emergency response duties and tasks.
5. Good knowledge of MCDR (Mechanical Corrosion Damage Reports), CAF (Change Approval Form), ORA (Operational Risk Assessment), initiation and completion, maintaining a list of WO. Tracking of Oracle backlog, raising work order request to ensure timely follow up.
6. In addition the job holders are required to be interchangeable with the Production Operator- (Facilities) and cover the work requirements of that job. For details see the job description of the Production Operator (Facilities).
7. Carries out crane operation for routine lifts from the boat/platform.
8. Control and authorize access within his area of responsibility to engineering, inspection, maintenance, & /or facilities staff under the PTW system requirements & guidelines.
9. Undertake the final inspection at the completion of all works, ensuring the works have been completed satisfactory to the scope and PTW requirements; all tools, materials and debris removed; where applicable, determine that the equipment / system is deemed to be worthy of returning to service; and execute the closure of the PTW, & work request.
10. Understand, monitor and intervene where necessary to ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of wells and process equipment. Ensures Safety system is fully functional. Eliminate unnecessary production loss and process upset by taking timely corrective action.
11. Work towards completion of Competency Development Assurance (CDA) profiles.
12. Participate in STAR safety program and report all unsafe acts, behaviors and condition
Completion of Secondary education with minimum 2 years on the job training in operations and or maintenance. (Graduate or Diploma holders in Chemistry, Electrical or mechanical engineering are preferable).
3-5 years experience in oil /gas process industry with knowledge and experience in the use of modern process control and production systems, preferably in an offshore environment, including two or more of the following specializations.