Senior Insurance Manager -
Drive best value from all consultants, brokers, insurers, (re)insurers, loss/claim adjusters, risk engineers and other risk management and insurance companies/personnel based on predetermined scope of deliverables.
Evaluate and administer all Qatar insurance needs and policies
• Reviews the corporate and project level risk profiles and determines appropriate insurance solutions and executes the implementation of insurance solutions as directed.
• Provide advice on enterprise risk management and insurance strategy
• To administer and manage the Owner Controlled Insurance Programme and building a strong Qatar Rail relationship with the NICs, Reinsurers, consultants and brokers.
Technically qualified Insurance Management (University graduated) or equivalent and Chartered Membership with certificated CPD (ACII or AIRM)
14 years of work experience, post qualification, in the insurance industry, preferably in risk manager/insurance manager position with experience of major construction projects
insurance industry awareness, commercially astute, numerate
Practical organization skills with ability to plan their own workload to meet deadlines
IT literate with specific skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Microsoft Project
• Good level of knowledge of insurance, engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and processes leading to successful delivery within budget
• Experience in Negotiation strategies with ability to clearly reason any dispute
• Insurance industry awareness, commercially astute, numerate
• Practical organization skills with ability to plan own workload to meet deadlines
• IT literate with specific skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Microsoft Project
Legal Counsel -
To provide a timely and effective legal service for Qatar Rail and the project delivery teams.
Law Degree and admitted in a relevant jurisdiction.
Must have had experience in private practice and have broad commercial/corporate experience of 7+ years in, or associated with the project or construction industry
Commercial and Contracts – with an emphasis on legal work supporting major projects
- Familiarity with the contract and commercial features of transport or similar projects is desirable.
- Regional experience is an advantage.
- Strong Legal Acumen
- Demonstrated written & oral communication skills
- Strategic Business Sense
- High Impact & Influence
- Bi-Lingual: English and Arabic (spoken and written)