SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST
- Technical management of a team
- Detailed design work, managing the documentation and design of detail packages
- Involvement with Value Engineering
- Supervise the preparation of tender documents for contracts;
- Site Inspections and Construction Support
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction;
- Keeping within financial budgets and deadlines;
- Coordinating with contractors and other professionals;
- Controlling a package from start to finish;
- Degree in Architectural Technology
- At least 10 years’ experience - Preferably registered in UK, USA or Australia.
- At least 4 years REVIT experience
- Major projects experience
- Good all round experience from front end to delivery
- Responsibility for the provision of an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational and logistical support service ensuring that the organisation’s policies and corporate processes and systems are consistently applied and adhere to.
- Providing suitable assistance to support the Managing Director
- Ensuring diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively; troubleshooting problems as and when they occur.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when suitable or directing to appropriate teams.
- Being the first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation; regularly liaising with clients, suppliers and other colleagues at all levels.
- Organising, attending and taking minutes of the meeting.
- Compile Monthly Regional Reports
- Sufficient and appropriate experience in an Executive PA role at a similar level
- Exceptional client liaison skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and a strong awareness of IT technology available
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to make decisions and use initiative
SENIOR TRANSPORT PLANNER
- Technical delivery and management of small, medium and large-scale transport planning and modelling assignments with minimal supervision;
- Working closely with Project Managers and other Atkins departmental staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, reports and plans as assigned;
- Preparing high-quality written reports and technical analyses with the ability to present outcomes to concerned parties;
- Advising the client and stakeholders on transportation matters;
- Representing the Transportation Team whilst interacting internal client, as well as external stakeholders / statutory authorities;
- Ensuring deliverables adhere to prevailing QA/QS and document management protocols; and
- Application of technical competencies, as well as sharing these with junior staff.
- Must have a minimum of degree in planning or transportation and over five years related professional work experience after university graduation;
- Experience in delivering transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment;
- Competency in a range of transportation planning skills including development planning principles, access control, functional planning, public transport issues, temporary traffic management, pedestrian and non-motorised transportation issues, and transport demand theory;
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
- Preparation of reports, designs, specifications, Scope of works and contract documents
- Technical review of designs produced and verification of completeness to international technical standards
- Liaising with other engineers/technicians to ensure updates to technical standards are maintained and disseminated to the team
- Ensuring that design briefs are completed satisfactorily
- Promoting and improving inter-discipline work with other disciplines such as Architecture, Building Surveying, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical.
- Monitoring emerging legislation and engineering standards relating to electrical building services and ensure their implementation
- Liaising with clients, professional organisations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design
- Providing technological input and supervise technical input by others within the electrical building services discipline
- Identifying and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients
- Recognised degree in Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with past Middle East Experience preferred
- Working towards Chartered Structural Engineer (IStructE or equivalent) is an advantage
- Ability to contribute to the development of elegant Structural Engineering solutions in close collaboration with other specialists and design groups
- Confidence to work within multi-disciplinary design environments
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
- Lead the delivery of civil engineering projects / civil engineering input in to complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Use your excellent analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and changes in standards.
- Develop more junior staff by technical training and mentoring. You’ll most likely be acting as a Delegated Engineer or Supervising Civil Engineer for those under formal training contracts.
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home on occasion; this might include periods overseas of 3 to 6 months.
- A degree in civil engineering or relevant discipline.
- Chartered status and corporate membership of the ICE.
- Ability to develop and decide on scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverable, delivering within set time frame.
- Good project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types. This will include an ability to manage stakeholders, e.g. specialist suppliers, independent checkers and local authorities.
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
- An exceptional career opportunity, with a lively and friendly working environment and ongoing career growth and challenges
- Conceptualise and design for a variety of projects and clients, pushing the boundaries of expectations and helping to raise Atkins’ profile
- Work closely with talented designers in teams across the country to ensure a project is delivered to best creative standards
- An in-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop,
- Experience of working in a professional environment
- A creative designer who is unafraid to challenge – happy with day-to-day tasks but always looking for ways to add value
- Passionate, driven and wanting to invest in Creative Design’s vision
- Strong layout & typography skills
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
- Supporting projects as part of a team including other Atkins employees and client staff
- Engineering design within the water and wastewater sectors
- Liaison with clients
- Feasibility, outline and detailed design work
- Technical report writing
- Educated to degree level in mechanical engineering or other relevant subject.
- Demonstrable evidence of working towards chartership with the IMechE or alternative appropriate body
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum
- Experience within the UK water and/or wastewater engineering sector
- Proven experience of working on feasibility and outline and detailed design projects.
- Good commercial awareness
PROJECT MANAGERS’ ASSISTANT
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
- Close working with the Programme Manager to provide support on the overall commercial and operational requirements of projects within a portfolio
- Data collation and regular reporting on project/contract key performance indicators across the portfolio
- Support in developing and driving best practice and streamlining processes
- Implementing Atkins quality and commercial procedures for running projects
- Assisting with tracking project spend, collating and monitoring accruals and invoicing
- Maintaining project tracking databases for monitoring and reporting, and actively chasing activities to ensure response time and milestones are met
- Previous experience in a project support role
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good team player, willing to support the team and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work proactively and, where appropriate, unsupervised to drive project delivery
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Offic
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
- Assisting the PM as directed with design management, design coordination and design delivery to meet the project schedule.
- Assisting the PM as directed with change management as it relates to budget, revised design and potential schedule impact.
- Assisting the PM as directed in matters relating to Value Engineering (VE) and the potential impact of VE on the project budget and schedule.
- Assisting the PM as directed with the provision of support to the Construction Management Team to insure the adequate and timely flow of information, designs, technical data and feedback, to meet the stringent construction schedule requirements on the project.
- Have a total of 4-6 years of project management consultancy work experience
- Experience in retail is advantageous, but not a prerequisite
- Have a degree in engineering or Building or PM related disciplines.
- Possesses an excellent communication skills in English and are able to communicate with people at all levels and effectively in speech, in writing, and in presentations.
- Proficient in working with all Microsoft Office programs, PowerPoint a highlight
- Competent professional who leads by example, and do not need handholding when taking charge of a project.
MEP PROJECT MANAGER
- Implement an appropriate and effective project or programme management framework, incorporating necessary review processes as required.
- Define and implement criteria for control and management of the project.
- Co-ordinate and direct end-user input throughout the project lifecycle.
- Appraise options and submit to the Client for approval.
- Secure resources and expertise from the Client as required, e.g. appoint professional advisers to support the project sponsor role.
- Coordinate the value management strategy.
- Manage project budget, including risk allowance.
- Monitor and control changes/variations following approval by Client.
- Co-ordinate and foster teamwork between all project stakeholders.
- Manage the design and site delivery team’s performance of delegated responsibilities.
- Establish an effective and universal strategy to address major issues that may arise with the site delivery team.
- Ensure the site delivery team receives the necessary stakeholder decisions in a timely fashion.
- Establish a mechanism to ensure collaborative problem solving with the site delivery team, which will involve regular dialogue with contractors, team working and risk-sharing.