SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Lead Software projects through entire software development life-cycle
- Conduct Requirements gathering with customers and stakeholders and documenting the requirements.
- Research and evaluate various technologies to formulate a technical design that best suits the requirements.
- Provide development estimates for software deliverables and assist project managers in creating development plans.
- Develop & recommend software deliverables in liaison with the relevant ABB methodologies.
- Ensure all the work is unit tested, and is performed effectively pertaining to the performance guidelines.
- Undertake quality control / Verification and Validation (V&V) activities in particular code reviews.
- Design, develop and / or re-engineer highly complex application components, integrated software packages and programs.
- Collaborate the work with Analysts, Architects and QA staff to design and develop software solutions.
To be considered for this role, you will possess a Degree in Information Technology with strong Automated Testing (Junit / Selenium), Java, JBoss, Hibernate, Oracle databases and Spring knowledge with experience in Cloud platform. You will ideally have Experience in UML, Continuous Integration environment (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins/MAVEN) with GIT, and Java IDEs (Eclipse / IntelliJ) and working Knowledge in SQL report writing (e.g. Business Objects / Jasper / SSRS) with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Skilled in COTS (Commercial “Off-The-Shelf”) software solution development with Mobile Web Application will be an added advantage.
SERVICE SALES ENGINEER
- Assist Support Service / Sales Manager in service sales to maximize service growth.
- Understand customer needs and deliver the solution to establish maintenance contract.
- Ensure service projects are complying with client specifications and quality requirement of customers.
- Achieve targets both in regards to competitive pricing and profitability.
- Monitor and track project opportunities such as project lists, volume of offers, won-lost analysis etc., and using ABB tools.
To be considered for this role, you will possess a Degree in Engineering (Electrical & Electronic) with 3 – 4 years of experience in automation industry for Substation Control System / Remote Terminal Unit / Control & Protection IEDs. You will be a result – oriented and self-driven individual with excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa.
- Identify opportunities within defined geographical area to quantify business potential for Distribution Transformer (DTR & Dry) and Private Industries Market.
- Prepare technical and commercial offers for projects and sales.
- Promote company's capabilities / product to end user, EPC, consultants and clients.
- Achieve sales order and monitor the status in order to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyze and compile market data to provide feedback to manufacturing units in order to get a competitive pricing
- Assist in selling Power Transformer (S / M / LPT), MV and HV switchgear.
To be considered for this role, you will possess a Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical / Mechatronic Engineering with 1 - 2 years of experience in Sales or Business Development. Fresh graduates with good communication can also apply.
SERVICE DESK SPECIALIST
- Ensure that all interactions with Customers are pleasant and professional, while following ABB standard call and ticket handling procedure
- Manage an accurate report of the resolution is documented in the call history including knowledge articles or technical documenters used in the resolution.
- Achieve allocated development, training, audit and administrative tasks.
- Build professional relationships with all stakeholders.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of designated Cloud Services processes.
To be considered for this role, you will possess a Degree / Diploma in Information Technology / Business Information Systems / Commerce with a focus on Microsoft BackOffice Products (SQL, Exchange & SMS). You will ideally have expertise in Citrix Metaframe, Windows TSE and basic experience with LAN / WAN hardware infrastructure. The role will suit someone with high understanding of security management including firewall configuration and RSA tokens.
- Responsible to create, update and maintain data using Primavera 6 software for project planning, scheduling, monitoring and control.
- Perform project progress and track key performance Indexes for various phases.
- Assist and alert the Project Manager / Team, Client and Vendors / Suppliers / Contractors about project delays while evaluating impacts from actual conditions.
- Ensure contractors provide resource loaded schedules at determined intervals to make sure construction is being completed on time and within budget.
- Support the administration of contracts including scope of work & tender / contract preparation.
- Recognize and understand competing business requirements and make recommendations for the overall good of the projects team.
- Interact and communicate roles, expectations and accountabilities to all team members on a regular basis.
To be considered for this role, you will possess a Diploma with prior power generation or substation construction industry experience. You will ideally have 2-3 years of experience in utilizing Primavera 6 software for project planning, scheduling, monitoring and control.
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
- Takes initiative in developing sales strategies for key accounts and leads the continuous implementation of the defined strategy.
- Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements). Ensures achievement of agreed sales targets and margins with a structured follow up and reporting process.
- Establishes and develops strategic individual relationships based on a defined strategy. Acts as focal point for problem resolution.
- Develops, maintains and shares detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behaviour, organization, decision-makers, business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
- Identifies and prioritises opportunities. Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Strategic and value based sales experience
- Industry experience and knowledge of integrated automation systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentable and able to interface with customers at all levels
- Creative thinker with commercial focus and results orientation
- Flexible, energetic and sociable team player
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
- Responsible for design and performance elements of the project/s. Motivates and leads internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Manages the controls/project team allocated to the project, defining, with key stakeholders, the scope of work, cost/budget, resources required, time schedule and detailed work allocation. Monitors and controls project cost and financials.
- Ensures project follows sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with standard ABB internal directives and procedures. Ensures projects follow external standards etc. that influence activities and targets.
- Identifies, contains and reduces risk. Ensures appropriate handling of change requests. Ensures transparency around unforeseen results/events and identified risks and makes sure that they are properly prioritized, managed and communicated.
- Engineering (B. Eng or M. Eng) qualification
- Robotics application/integration experience: machine vision, grippers, robot programming
- Robotstudio and AutoCAD experience strongly preferred
- Experienced project engineer with a track record of leading engineering projects
- Good communication skills and able to present ABB in a professional manner
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Positive attitude and team player
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
- Leading a team
- Understand full cost breakdown of top 80% spend by supplier
- Broad commodity knowledge on all key directs spends at Coleshill
- Initiate Kan Ban agreements with top suppliers agreeing manufacturing batch size, min max etc
- Full understanding of site liabilities from a purchase perspective in terms of cos
- Develop a close working relationship with Coleshill management team to deliver on cost, quality and service from supply base
- Maintain close working with ABB EMEA purchasing group to ensure full alignment with ABB commodity strategy
- CIPS qualified
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within a manufacturing purchasing role
- Working knowledge of Lean, especially Kan Ban
- Experience of sourcing in India and China
- Experience of working within cross functional teams
- Experience of working within target driven environments
- Ability to work to strict timelines
- Perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, design, development, test, installation, and service (while working from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications, and other pertinent information).
- Design, develop, test, and maintain applications based on the approved specifications.
- End-to-end development of the applications, including web User Interface [UI], middle-tier, and backend database.
- Working with the management team, customers (& their support teams), and other parties to collect application requirements.
- Analyse the requirements, write functional / design specifications, and determine the technologies used for the development.
- Prepare specifications and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in technically-oriented discipline.
- 2 years of professional experience working with software applications.
- Plan / establish schedules, and assign work while considering requirements and priorities.
- Coordinate the most effective utilization of staff and equipment in order to cost-effectively achieve objectives while concurrently implementing efforts to continuously improve performance.
- Monitor activities and initiate actions to eliminate problems, ensure that employees are properly trained, and that work is performed in accordance with health & safety requirements.
- Resolve semi-complex technical problems and/or human resources issues, and work with Senior Supervisors and/or Human Resource Representatives to resolve more complex issues.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and technologies.
- Review equipment capabilities, methods, & processes; make recommendations regarding feasibility of utilizing alternative approaches, which may include modifying or replacing equipment to reduce costs and/or improve quality.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of professional experience in manufacturing and/or military environments
- Associate's degree and 4 years of professional experience in manufacturing and/or military environments.
ORDER MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
- Plans, monitors, and controls project activities proactively;
- Defines project scope of work, goals, and deliverables;
- Develops and maintains the overall project schedule, including all necessary schedule updates;
- Strives to optimize overall resource planning and utilization considering available resources;
- Reviews weekly project schedule with managers (and acts as appropriate);
- Assures a valid Project Specific Environmental, Health, and Safety plan is in place;
- Identifies and shares lessons learned;
- Optimizes overall resource planning and utilization considering resources within the local ABB organization & through subcontracted companies
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2 years of professional experience working in Project Management, Engineering, and/or Marketing.