CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR
Responsible for performing the day-to-day routines for a multi discipline Emergency Communication Centre (ECC) covering not only the Refinery and Gas Operations, but incorporating interaction with neighbouring operational jurisdictions and Mutual Aid Partners. For all emergency incidents takes responsibility for making the first vital decisions regarding dispatching the correct resources, performing the initial incident coordination, notifying the correct people and assembling the Emergency Operations Group for tier 2 and 3 incidents. Operate all communication systems within the control room effectively taking emergency calls and dispatching an emergency response within the Misaimed Industrial City’s jurisdiction.
- Completed Secondary School Education.
- Bilingual in written and spoken English and Arabic and ability to clearly transmit messages via various means of communication.
- Completed English Level 5 proficiency and good knowledge of report writing and document handling procedures.
- 3 years’ experience in control room operations is preferable.
- Data input experience and ability to handle/use Trunk Mobile Radio (TMR) and/or telephone voice procedures required.
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, MS. Excel, MS. Power Point, DCS system).
- Knowledge of and ability to operate various types of Fire & Gas Systems
- Responsible for providing budget control services to EngineeringDepartment, which includes but not limited to processing CAPEX/OPEXBudgets & AFEs, Invoices and Asset Capitalization.
- A university or college degree in financial accounting CPA, CMA or equivalent.
- At least 7 years relevant experience in project cost budget control.
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry is preferable.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manages multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Performs routine duties independently and refers to Line Supervisors on non-routine work6. Working knowledge in SAP essential.
- Support the Secondment processes by reviewing and coordinating JointVenture, Technical Services and Secondment Agreements to ensure thatsecondment strategies, objectives and guidelines are fully met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or relevant.
- 10 years relevant experience as HR Generalist, preferably within the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Excellent administrative capabilities, communication skills,presentation & negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and English. • Experience in handling contracts or agreements.
- Responsible and accountable for maintenance, troubleshooting of Vibration System and PLC system Installed at Refinery 1, 2, 3, RFCC Plant, Sulfur Recovery Plant, Utilities, Offsite, and Berth No. 6. This job is of highest level of importance and contributes a lot to the QP Refinery.
- B.Sc. in Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering, or equivalent, followed by specialized training courses in electronics and all types of Vibration System and PLC systems
- Total 12 years experience as Instrument Engineer (PLC/VIBR) in an oil Refinery or petrochemical industry, out of which at least 5 to 7 years in maintenance department in a senior capacity, with strong oral and written communication skills in English, to communicate effectively. Should possess sufficient experience in field of Vibration System and PLC system. In addition, experience in planning, scheduling, supervising Vibration System and PLC system
- Responsible to perform the effective maintenance and specialized engineering support for the Turbine & Compressor Control Systems in Dukhan Field to ensure their best integrity, availability and operational performance.
- Turbine & Compressor Control Systems include different makes and types of Control Systems and their associated interfaces for the large heavy duty and medium duty Rotating Equipment’s such as Gas Turbines, Expenders and the Process Gas Compressors driven by various reputed OEM’s.
- Responsible to implement the corporate quality maintenance procedures for preventive and corrective maintenance of Automation Control System in accordance with the approved QP- Philosophy & Maintenance Strategy, OEM’s Guidelines, QP-Corporate Asset / Maintenance Demarcations.
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics / Instrumentation / Control Systems. Corporate Membership of appropriate professional engineering institute with Chartered Engineer status preferred. Must have satisfied the academic requirements for Professional Engineer status or equivalent plus completed relevant manufacturers' courses in gas turbine control systems and vibration analysis.
- Achieving the set targets for his area in terms of capacity utilization, product optimization, utility/chemical consumption, energy conservation etc.
- To coordinate with other departments / divisions in implementing plant modifications / new projects, attending to environmental / energy concerns.
- To evaluate the Assigned Units performance from techno-economic point of view and suggest / implement improvement schemes.
- Bachelor / Post Graduate in Chemical Engineering. Membership in Professional Engineering bodies is an added advantage
- Minimum of 12 years in Petroleum Refining Industry with a minimum of 8 years in Process Engineering. Past experience in the technologies associated with the assigned unit is essential.
- Computer applications, proficiency in English, good communication and presentation skills
- Qatar Petroleum operates a diverse portfolio that incorporates a range of industrial sectors. Included are assets with focus on the production and distribution of metals; for example Steel and Aluminium.
- This role is responsible for the asset management function and supports the Assistant Manager in ensuring these assets are operated within a defined strategic and operational performance range, with focus on CAPEX and OPEX, investment versus return and within the parameters defined by QP.
- Coordinates activities to analysis and improve the strategy, operational performance and assists in the development of long-term plan and annual budget for assigned downstream assets.
- To contribute in preparation of analysis, strategies, financial reporting and performance reports for management meetings and representation in technical and commercial committees.
- Preparation of briefings, reports and presentations to facilitate decision making of QP board members in the JVs, by analysing various data and information and submit recommendations.
- Perform fiscal reporting and planning to analyse margins and performance to direct proper optimization and contribute to development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and competitor analysis for downstream assets.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering is required. Higher academic qualification is preferred.
- Must have minimum of 15 years of experience working on variety of roles at various capacities in oil & gas and downstream industry with key focus on technical, business and commercial activities.
- Good understanding of discounted cash flow valuation methods and metrics such as NPV, IRR & financial metrics such as ROCE.
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established by Emiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for all phases of the oil and gas industry in the State of Qatar. The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures are the exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil, natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, synthetic fuels, petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium. QP’s strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development is through Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA) and Development and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded with major international oil and gas companies. The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted at various onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Misaimed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore production stations, drilling platforms and the Northfield. Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures is underpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of quality and service
- The candidate shall be a graduate in Mechanical / Metallurgical Engineering from an internationally recognized University
- Minimum 15 years of relevant engineering, technical and quality assurance experience in the Oil & Gas ( Upstream /down stream) Projects with an international consultancy/ engineering company, EPIC contractor or end user with at least last 5 years in similar senior position of managing the technical assurance .
- Experience shall include working with various discipline engineers during Concept optimization studies, FEED and Detailed Engineering.Should have ISO9000 Lead Auditor qualification; post-graduation in multi Discipline Engineering is preferable. Membership from a Professional Institute is preferable.
- Lead the provision of expertise on all HSE matters of the Department and ensure compliance with relevant QP Standards, International Standards and Regulatory Requirements.Ensuring implementation and effectiveness of HSE management system requirements for projects and Department.
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline from an internationally recognized University. In addition, NEBOSH or equivalent certification is required.
- Membership of a recognized professional engineering or HSE association/institution is required.
- Responsible for supervision of construction works executed by contractors to ensure Department’s assigned projects are constructed in accordance with the approved Scope of Work, engineering design, QHSE standards & specifications. Oversee and provide guidance and advice to Construction Supervisors in review of construction method statements, material submittals, Commissioning and handover to end users. Responsible as performing authority for Permit to Work by the Contractors.
- B.Sc. in an Engineering discipline from a recognized University or Diploma with extensive construction related experience in oil and gas industry.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in relevant construction and installation experience of projects in oil & gas industry.
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and systems, processes and standards related to construction.
- Good skills in construction management and leadership, team building, effective communication and conflict resolution.