- Provide HSE advice and support to Jebel Ali operations.
- Run safety meetings to promote a strong HSE culture.
- Complete HSE audits as required by the DP audit schedule.
- Build relationships with the DP contracted boats that come in and out of the port and ensure inductions are completed.
- Act as a member of the JAOSB Emergency Control Team.
- Act as the ISO 14001 champion to promote environmental improvement programs.
- Ensure active participation throughout JAOSB in behavior based safety programs.
- Ensure that all incidents, near misses and negative STAR cards are entered into CMO, investigated, and closed out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that MSDS and COSHH assessments are available for all new and existing chemicals used onshore and offshore
- Provide radiological supervision as required for Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) activities.
- Minimum secondary school or further education qualifications.
- External certification of safety expertise (Minimum NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent).
- 5+ Years of HSE experience within the oil and gas sector.
- Hands-on experience of supervising health and safety in operational location.
- Knowledge of marine operations, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 preferred.
- Has been part of an audit team or has led HSE audits.
- Training delivery experience.
- Experience in working within a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials management.
- Independently manage the full sourcing process from strategy development and implementation up to award of contracts. Undertaking all formal contracting activities relating to onshore/offshore service/work contracts including developing strategies, compiling bidders’ list, developing appropriate tender documents, issuing of Invitation to Tender (“ITT”), analysis of tenders, commercial evaluation, contract negotiations and the preparation of contractual documentation in line with Company procedures and standards.
- Advise and support end users in order to ensure that all parties share a common goal and understanding with regard to the tendering process and guide the user departments’ for compliance with the Sourcing Policy, Delegation of Authority Matrix, company policies and procedures and local business engagement and Code of Business Conduct.
- Contribute to the execution of the contracting strategy and Tender Board Memo’s in support of all activities and provide advice and support to user in relation to contracts planning and contract strategies.
- Negotiate with the prospective contractor on execution of contract terms and conditions in the best interests of the company and agree upon the terms and conditions in line with company policy and standards to ensure that Dubai Petroleum’s interests are protected.
- Liaise with and challenge the technical team to manage and execute contract changes, variations and claims in order to mitigate progress interruptions, extensions of time, failure to meet contract obligations and avoid unnecessary cost overruns by undertaking post-award contract administration including drafting and processing of amendments, variations and obtaining internal approvals. Contribute to the process of continuous improvement in the contracting process.
- Develop and execute post award contract performance management in conjunction with department managers and users, continuously monitor the performance of contractors and suppliers.
- Develop highly positive and constructive relationships with key internal contacts.
- Identify areas of improvement in contracts management and participate in regular meetings with users in order to keep track of all the processes and drive improvements.
- Relevant Bachelor of Science degree or preferably Law Degree.
- 5+ years’ tendering, contracts and administration experience in oil and gas operations or similar industry, or in local commercial law.
- Guide the user departments for compliance with approved sourcing policies, Delegation of Authority Matrix, business engagement and Code of Business Conduct.
- Process approved requisitions from user departments for the purchase of materials and equipment by placing orders with approved vendors within the local and international market.
- Maximize value and optimize saving by coordinating alternate sourcing of material, product evaluation, lifecycle costing, competitive bidding and price negotiations with suppliers.
- Ensure the uninterrupted supply of materials and equipment to Production and Engineering in coordination with Logistics Personnel
- Ensure the timely delivery of materials and services through forward planning, knowledge of lead times, market conditions and by expediting materials and by providing full support to the materials expeditor.
- Ensure quality requirements are met by adherence to Company specifications and internationally recognized engineering codes and standards.
- Resolve disputes arising with suppliers concerning quality, price or delivery problems and handles claims and counter claims as they arise. Conduct all commercial transaction on the highest ethical standards and in accordance with good business practice and knowledge of commercial law.
- Monitor and carry out inventory control functions, including maintaining sufficient quantities of critical materials, controlling additions and recoveries to stock, analyzing idle inventory, excess stock and identifying surplus stock. Review catalog descriptions for possible duplication, preparing inventory investment forecast and variance analysis, and replenishing and reusing equipment where repair is economical.
- Prepare and update sourcing strategy by customer to ensure knowledge of and preparation for upcoming projects and activities to maximize impact on front end loading process.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant degree (Technical degree, Business, Supply Chain Management or Certification in Materials & Service Management).
- 5+ years purchasing experience preferably in the oil and gas operations or similar industry.
- Experience handling high value complex procurement agreements (beneficial).
- Experience in expediting beneficial.
INTILLAQ PROGRAMME SUPERVISOR
- Champion the Intillaq program within the business establishing it as a core offering of Dubai Petroleum and its Corporate Social Responsibility plan.
- Assist in the candidate screening and selection processes ensuring integrity in the overall enrolment process.
- Training Needs Analysis – Design, develop, and maintain programme modules / topics that are assigned.
- Prepare and maintain the class schedule for self and for others directly involved in delivering the course modules; coordinate activities to ensure the class timetable is understood and supported by key stakeholders.
- Deliver / instruct on a range of programmer modules; evaluate effectiveness of delivery on an on-going basis; make adjustments to delivery style and pace, as necessary, to ensure Associates understand the key learning objectives.
- Complete associated class logistics such as classroom set-up, tracking and grading assignments, and marking attendance, etc.
- Evaluate the impact of training; manage change to continuously improve the Instilled programmer, associated processes, and content based on feedback.
- Produce periodic reports and presentations on the Instilled Associates and the range of activities being covered. Conduct meetings and present the reports to the Associates and other key stakeholders. Scope to include attendance, assignments, key opportunities for development, and general observations on attitude and aptitude, etc.
- Prepare and maintain Task Books based on the analysis of Instilled Associate activities to be anticipated during workplace assignments; scope to include work processes, procedures, and general work practices.
- Assist Instilled Programmed mentors and coaches in their understanding of the programmer and the range of support activities expected of them.
- Degree or equivalent in Adult Education related discipline.
- 5+ years working in Adult Education, preferably within a Middle Eastern context.
- Experienced in the preparation, delivery, and evaluation of training modules / topics.
- Experienced in on-the-job coaching and mentoring