ACCOUNTING & REPORTING MANAGER
- Oversee financial accounting, management accounting, budget development, tax planning and billing processes;
- Establish and implement accounting policies/procedures regarding the use of effective internal control systems and record retention (both legal/accounting and tax) for the company;
- Direct and oversee the management accounting functions including forecasting, budgeting and 10-year plan, cost/management reporting and variance analysis, AFE/capital expenditure control and reporting;
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Company’s risk profile;
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all finance functions;
- Proactive engagement with tax authorities and advisors;
- Ensure all billing activities are being performed accurately and timely as per agreed tariff and commercial conditions
- Coach the team to improve their skills and knowledge and help them work efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting from a top-tier university
- Professional qualification (ACA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA, CMA) will be considered an asset
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in a financial position including at least 4 years at a senior level (‘Big 4’, marine terminal industry and/or multinational company experience is desirable)
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- High level knowledge of local GAAP and local taxation
- Be highly analytical, detail oriented and problem solver together with exceptional critical thinking skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation skills
- Speak and write fluent English
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Responsible for providing prompt application support to users, taking ownership of problem resolution – from notification through post-mortem reporting.
- Participate in, and may lead, application implementation and upgrade initiatives.
- Required to assist infrastructure support team in the day-to-day management of Networks, Servers and Storage Systems as directed by the IT Manager.
- Collaborate with others, including independent contractors, to resolve issues.
- Ensures application and processes documentation is clear, accurate and kept current.
- Required to be part of an On-call rotation with other IT support staff, receiving automated system alerts and handling off hours calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned and actively participates in relevant Safety Programs and initiatives.
- Minimum 2 years related post-secondary technical training plus 5 years of enterprise level application support experience within a technically challenging and diverse environment; ideally in an industrial setting – rail / vessel experience an asset.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure systems including operating systems, consolidated storage, network components, virtualization technologies and backup systems.
- Software development and/or database management experience are considered desirable assets.
- Capable of accelerated learning of new applications and processes.
- Skill in methodically identifying and resolving application, process or infrastructure problems; manages issues with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Understanding of incident, change, and problem management processes.
- Customer service oriented; capable of effectively communicating with all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for achieving desired results.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to complete activities within time constraints.
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours; emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required.
DESIGN, ESTIMATION & BIDS ENGINEER
- Enquiry planning and management.
- Preliminary meetings to evaluate customer requirements.
- Interdepartmental / joint meetings with the different depts. to evaluate the requirements.
- Site surveys independently, with contractors, technical teams etc. for the purpose of understanding the requirements.
- Effective coordination with suppliers, subcontractors and internal technical team.
- System design with drawings and design documentation.
- Comparison studies based on supplier quotations.
- Negotiations with suppliers on both technical and commercial aspects of the system.
- Based on client budget constraints for any specific project, carry out value engineering studies.
- Design review workshops to be organized with respective stakeholders. Support technically in review of design packages and drawings.
- Assist project management and contracting personnel with bid analysis and contract negotiations.
- Develop multi-discipline concepts, detailed and definitive cost estimates for Projects.
- Review estimates to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with defined scope of work.
- Security Systems, ELV Systems, structured cabling, passive and active networking, wireless and wired networking knowledge.
- Capable of independently doing civil and infrastructural estimation.
- Interact with multiple departments to review, discuss project scope and estimate basis and consult on company estimating methods/procedures.
- Study and interpret Engineering drawing and technical specifications to develop manufacturing process flows.
- Invite / Attend Clarification meetings as required.
- Coordination with internal, external stake holders to ensure smooth document compilation and timely submission.
- Customer meetings as part of pre-sales / bids and post-sales support.
- Regular follow ups for the proposals submitted till contract is awarded.
- Undertake Proof of Concepts (POCs) if required, either independently or in association with vendors, manufacturer’s and contractors.
- Revise and conclude incoming Requests for Proposals (RFP’s).
- BTech / BE in Electrical / Electronics
- Proficiency in autocad, MS visio, planning tools (like Microsoft, Primavera), MS Office, other design tools.
- Certification in Networking (Cisco CCNA, CCNP etc.), Microsoft certification (MCITP) etc.
- Certification in bodies such as BICSI RCDD.
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
- Monitor IT Helpdesk queue and answer service request calls in an appropriate and timely manner; initiate and maintain a database of service request tickets including categorization and entry of required information.
- Work with customers to efficiently resolve service requests relating to IT equipment, systems and software, or escalate requests to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Helpdesk 24/7 on-call which involves following up on high importance service requests and automated system monitoring alerts in a timely manner, resolving where possible and escalating to appropriate administrator or manager if required.
- Enforce IT department security controls and policies in performance of all tasks.
- Demonstrate general understanding of all infrastructure, systems, software and services managed by the IT department including relationships and interactions between different components.
- Demonstrate understanding of department backup and recovery procedures and execute procedures when required.
- Maintain communication with Vancouver IT team and Manager on outstanding service requests, issues and concerns.
- All job-related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Support or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an IT environment.
- Must be able to efficiently manage time and workload, including planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through on tasks while maintaining close attention to details.
- Must be motivated with excellent personal communication and customer service skills.
- Must have knowledge of IT security principles and controls.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Products including Windows 7, Windows Server (2003/ 2008/2012), Active Directory and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to methodically identify and resolve problems with computer hardware and software systems.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours.
- Prior experience working in an industrial environment is an asset.
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
- Work with IA team or independently on audits of DPW business units, regional offices or head office departments across the DP World Group with a core focus on financial & operational processes and controls;
- Supervise and/or execute audits from start to finish, where directed by the IA Managers or the Chief Internal Auditor (“CIA”), delivering high impact audit reviews addressing DP World risks;
- Produce high quality draft reports on findings and recommendations from audits to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in an effective and timely manner; and ultimately reported to the DP World Audit Committee as mandated;
- Plan and document all audits in line with GIA audit procedures to ensure delivery of risk-based audits;
- Continually strive to draft and develop Audit Work programmes for effective and comprehensive audits; Keep abreast of changes in legal and regulatory environment which may impact our audit work and advise IA Managers/CIA if Audit Work Programmes require revision or update;
- Present audit conclusions to business unit management as necessary; this may be in a Boardroom through PowerPoint presentations to managers or directors;
- Research and identify examples of organizational best practices in and outside the group; flag these to the GIA team for sharing across borders; Encourage the understanding of Group Policies (existing and amended) at sites visited;
- Manage core aspects of our internal GIA Quality and Assurance Improvement Program to help improve our quality, effectiveness and efficiency in our audits;
- Manage DP World MICS (Minimum Internal Controls Business Unit Self-Certification) annual global reporting process; preparing reporting on findings to the CIA as required;
- Where required supervise more junior team members during audits or other field projects. Provide on the job training as required;
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance-related field
- Certified Public Accountant qualification or equivalent ie ACA/MBA
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) designation;
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) designation;
GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Trend, monitor and advice, regarding asset maintenance and reliability of Group wide Asset Management KPI’s. Make recommendations and ensure alignment of AM strategies in order to maintain asset related maintenance and reliability functions are at desired levels for DPW.
- Liaise with internal customers and application partners to provide cost effective solutions that meet the standards and requirements of DP World and its Business Units.
- Design and governance of all Asset related maintenance and reliability operational documents for global practices standardization and the DPW asset management program.
- Design and implement in line with appropriate BU objective’s with respect to asset maintenance and reliability function, including financial effectiveness, efficiency and optimized financial equipment replacement in line with better practices on Life Cycle Asset Costing & Management.
- Assist and collaborate with DPW AM Centre of Excellence asset management programs to provide input on technical solutions where applicable and as appropriate.
- In conjunction with DPW Institute ensure continuous development of the appropriate curriculum in relation to ‘Reliability in Asset Management’ (or similar as required) in order to provide the necessary training to DPW’s global business community, to support BU efficiency needs.
- Provide input to BU Risk Management Plans that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability related risks that could adversely impact business unit operations.
- Act as the contract owner of master agreements with application vendors (if applicable) and additionally, in conjunction with the corporate procurement dept., manage the tender of new and/or major upgrades of asset / engineering solutions, applications.
- Experience with the design and implementation of Container Terminal, Asset related Reliability Programs (as mentioned in section 2 above) – Minimum 5 years
- Project Management (PMP Certification – Desired)
- Management experience with respect to the latest computerised Asset / Engineering maintenance and reliability systems and applications in a container, bulk and general terminal environment.
- Specialisation in mechanical and / or electronic discipline (maintenance, repair, design engineering) – Master’s level.
- Knowledge in container terminal industry business process, asset reliability, maintenance and repair, systems, finance, integrated technologies, methods and standards.
- Auditor skills
- Experience with ISO standards
- Excellent knowledge of English language; a second or third language is desired
- Excellent computer literacy
- Willing to travel
- The Technical Superintendent will be responsible in ensuring safe, efficient and economical technical performance of all ships in compliance with all Flag, Class and International statutory and other mandatory requirements in Jebel Ali operations.
- The incumbent will supervise daily operational activities of all assigned vessels, assist/monitor colleagues during their periods away from office.
- This is a hands-on position that involves working with a small dedicated team expected to deliver results and will lead and develop the technical team to achieve the Company’s vision of “Global Maritime Excellence”
- P&O Maritime is a diverse global company in the marine transport sector delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in partnership with our customers. With a strong focus on business growth and excellence, P&O’s operations span Australasia, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Class 1 Marine Engineer COC or Class 2 with relevant recent experience (appropriate Course qualifications, time as Class / HM Surveyor / Ship Repair Manager). Merchant Navy only as no equivalents will be acceptable.
- Business/management qualifications would be an advantage.
- Previous experience as Technical Superintendent for a minimum of five years is essential.
- Previous experience on commercial vessels over 500 GRT is essential – ideally harbour tugs, AHTS and offshore vessels but deep sea will also be considered due to the broader approach.
- Ability to travel at short notice to augment other company activities and provide coverage as required.
- Knowledge of ISPS, ISM, Flag State and Classifications Society procedures and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential. Knowledge in other MS Office package such as Power Point and Project would be an advantage.
- People management skills preferably gained from working in a multicultural environment in the UAE.
- Proven track record in intermediate and special dry dockings, ship repair, mobilizations and in water repairs.
- Strong Commercial awareness and ability to interact with and satisfy client requirements. Budget planning and routine budget reporting processes.
- Design, implementation, delivery and management of knowledge transfer programmes and initiatives, including training content, to facilitate the building of Senior Management Business Capital, consistent with meeting the needs of the business.
- Fulfil the role of primary facilitator for the MTO and TBM programmes, in conjunction with the Programme Manager / schedule.
- Manage and lead the liaison with specialist internal and external sources, particularly the Centre of Excellence teams, to ensure that current business requirements are incorporated into all learning initiatives.
- Identify strategies and processes that will enable the organization to extract maximum value from participation of senior managers on learning initiatives. Particularly through implementing business improvement projects and providing individual coaching and mentoring as required.
- Manage learning and development projects which aim to increase the skills and knowledge of senior managers to improve the management of terminal businesses.
- Provide line management, guidance, coaching and mentoring to develop or enhance the necessary skills of operational learning and development staff and the pool of facilitators who deliver learning initiatives and training programmes.
- Contribute to the overall learning and development platform and strategy as a member of the L&D management team and the Curriculum Review Panel, through accurate reflection of the business needs, in line with supporting the delivery of DP World strategy.
- Enhance the evolution of training solution delivery to E-learning opportunities, and the development of blended learning solutions. Work closely with business units and regions to develop work-based learning and value-add training outcomes.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject.
- Detailed understanding of port and terminal operations, including systems approach and planning systems, performance measurement and improvement, current developments in automation and systems development, as well as a sound understanding of the commercial and financial aspects of the business.
- Previous experience in the delivery of Port Operations learning programmes at an appropriate level and experienced with current delivery mechanisms, such as eLearning, virtual classrooms and Learning Management Systems
- Understanding and experience in learning facilitation (as distinct from teaching) based on adult learning principles.
OPERATIONS AND HSEQ OFFICER
Location: Limassol - Cyprus
- Ensuring all incidents are thoroughly investigated and corrective actions put in place to prevent recurrence.
- To communicate the elements of the Integrated Management System to the workforce and feeding back ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement
- Implementation of changes to P&O Maritime’s policies and procedures
- Training employees and building Management System awareness levels
- Actively promote HSE awareness
- Monitor compliance of all staff with Company’s health, safety and environment policies and procedures to maintain a safe working environment
- Take corrective action to remedy safety hazards or risks and restore a safe working environment
- Submit Safety and Environmental Alerts to the Group HSEQ Manager.
- Plan and schedule the implementation of shore and shipboard drills and actively monitor to ensure that personnel are prepared for emergency response if required.
- Under guidance of the Group HSEQ Manager, develop and update procedures in partnership with Operations and Technical departments.
- Provide overall oversight on the competency assurance programmes for marine staff.
- Monitor changes in relevant local legislation and standards.
- Manage the Incident Register – keeping it up to date and providing ongoing analysis to identify trends and recommending plans to address these.
- Conduct Risk Assessments on all operations and tasks, and identify and action control measures to be put in place.
- Identification of environmental aspects and impacts and maintain the aspects and impacts register.
- Develop and implement Safe Work procedures.
- Enforce safety programs, including but not limited to Safety Observation Card system and Safety Awareness program.
- Carry out HSEQ inductions for employees and contractors.
- Revise and distribute HSEQ educational information on a regular basis to improve staff awareness.
- Provide HSEQ stories for company newsletters
- Prepare reports as required to meet Company reporting requirements as directed by Marine Manager and Group HSEQ Manager.
- Chief Mate STCW 2010, incl. Manila Amendments
- Tug Master experience
- Experience with Maritime HSEQ
- Experience in port operations or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and relevant software applications
P&O MARITIME MARINE PILOT
Location: Limassol - Cyprus
- Piloting of vessels within a roster system, boards and safely berth , unberths, shifts vessels of all shapes and sizes into, out of and within the port by providing services in the capacity of a licensed pilot
- To undertake pilotage, berthing and unberthing operations with or without the assistance of tugs or mooring boats
- To advise Ship’s Master and officers from the time of boarding at sea until ship is securely moored at the jetty, and from the time of boarding at the jetty till the ship is on safe course from all hazards during outward bound, outside the pilotage area
- Advise Ship’s Master regarding local ports, customs and health regulation and enforce port authority rules and regulations in consultation with the Harbor Master
- Direct all activities of tugs, mooring boats and mooring gang assigned while manoeuvring for berthing and unberthing of ships
- To complete appropriate documentation and logs in a timely manner, service forms and other pilotage records, prepare and present reports on ship deficiencies for Harbor Master and Ship Masters review
- Inspect ships if required, before commencing pilot age to ascertain whether they are properly equipped and manned to permit safe handling and turn around at the port
- To act as P&O Maritime representative to safeguard all facilities and act as a liaison between Ship’s Master and Port Authority while on board
- To act as a Duty Pilot in a roster system when required, monitor port operations, record keeping, dispatch of pilots, tugs, pilot and mooring boats, mooring crews etc. and avoid delays to shipping
- As Duty Pilot, liaise with vessel agents if required and to visit all jetties where ships are moored during inclement weather and make certain safe berths are maintained, assist in conservancy work, and ensure all functions are ready for receiving ships alongside
- Qualification in line with STCW Manila amendments 2010 with validity after 31 Dec 2016
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Greek and English languages both written and verbal
- Ability to obtain and maintain Cyprus pilotage licence for the relevant port of operation
- Computer literacy required