- Increase new and existing customers focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets in assigned segment / territory.
- Identify customer needs, price analysis, offer and negotiate to secure order.
- Prepare sales plan, perform regular status reviews and propose recovery plans.
- Increase market share and monitor competitions for Electrification products.
- Prepare offers in coordination with bid and proposal department.
- Ensure appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers including prices and trading conditions are maintained.
- To be considered for this role, you will possess a Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in LV product / switchgear industry. The role will ideally suit someone with good presentation skills, strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Local candidates are preferred who can speak English, Malay or Mandarin
- Manage projects technically and approves designs for advanced service solutions and commissioning.
- Create work plans, cost estimates, review and verify designs for engineering team.
- Coordinate with customers on requirement discussion and collection of relevant data for optimized technical solutions.
- Execute projects involving simulation solutions and optimization for power plants.
- Coach other team members to develop a network of design professionals.
- Support sales and proposal team on opportunity generation and solution presentation to customers.
- Lead system setup, system diagnostics, internal test and key commissioning activities.
- To be considered for this role, you will possess a Degree in Engineering with 8 years of experience in Engineering and Commissioning of advance service solutions for power plants. You will ideally have knowledge of process modeling tools, plant optimization, power generation, control techniques, thermodynamic principles / practices and performance calculation. To be considered for this role you will have experience in MS Office, control systems such as Symphony / Symphony Plus, Advent, PR control P13, P14 and 800xA.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
- Maintain and improve the visibility, reputation of ABB with consultants and targeted community.
- Liaison between the targeted community and ABB product team to provide follow-up and feedback for technical questions, detail reviews and specification needs.
- Track all project pipelines and communicate projects development progress and results regularly.
- Convey market information, project development progress results to team members.
- Organize technical seminars and marketing activities for consultants.
- To be considered for this role, you will possess a Degree / Diploma with experience of 1-2 years. You will ideally have excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision. This role will suit someone who is skilled in MS Office and proficient in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese (preferably) with effective records and reporting experience. Fresh Graduates can also apply.
ENGINEER – SALES
- Achieving sales targets in respect of both budgets and sales efficiency in alignment to future customer needs which in turn supports R&D processes.
- Providing technical support and post-sales support to ensure efficient customer satisfaction.
- Promoting and selling the Discrete Automation and Motion portfolio of products and services to identify Customer segments.
- Planning sales activities to develop and increase sales opportunities with key customers and projects.
- Tracking and monitoring quotations and project opportunities such as Won-lost analysis etc., while ensuring customer satisfaction during and after deliveries.
- To be considered for this role, you will possess a Diploma / Degree in Engineering, (Electrical or Electronic) with experience in automation industry for Variable Speed Drives. You will ideally have Customer relationship skills in Utility, Industry and EPC that operate in Malaysia like Koreans and Chinese. The role will suit someone with excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Responsible to create, update and maintain data using Primavera 6 software for project planning, scheduling, monitoring and control.
- Perform project progress and track key performance Indexes for various phases.
- Assist and alert the Project Manager / Team, Client and Vendors / Suppliers / Contractors about project delays while evaluating impacts from actual conditions.
- Ensure contractors provide resource loaded schedules at determined intervals to make sure construction is being completed on time and within budget.
- Support the administration of contracts including scope of work & tender / contract preparation.
- Recognize and understand competing business requirements and make recommendations for the overall good of the projects team.
- Interact and communicate roles, expectations and accountabilities to all team members on a regular basis.
- To be considered for this role, you will possess a Diploma with prior power generation or substation construction industry experience. You will ideally have 2-3 years of experience in utilizing Primavera 6 software for project planning, scheduling, monitoring and control.
- Ensure the local sales strategy is implemented in alignment with local market needs and Key Performance Indices (KPI) through implementation of ABB sales process (Salesforce).
- Identify opportunities within defined geographical area to quantify business potential.
- Responsible to show the flow of information for sales activities and transactions to ensure area goal achievement within PGHV.
- Achieve sales volume and product mix targets for local product groups by setting appropriate price and margin for individual sales opportunities.
- Monitor client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to PGHV MM, Treasury and Financial Controller
- To be considered for this role, you will possess a Degree / Masters in Electrical Engineering with 6 years of experience in Sales or Business Development. The role will ideally suit someone with good communication skills and who is competent in using SAP and MS Office.
LOCATION: United Kingdom
- Support the development of ABB HSE policies & processes consistent with Legislation, ABB Group and ESI / Construction Industry best practice.
- Define, document, maintain and continuously improve the ABB PG Integrated Business Management System(s)
- Provide cost effective specialist HSE support and advice to tendering and project delivery teams throughout the project life cycle
- Define the training & competency requirements for ABB PG staff.
- Provide internal service for audit of projects and departmental processes to monitor performance & identify areas for improvement.
- Lead on the development of HSE performance improvement strategies and campaigns linked to key business objectives & targets for implementation internally & through supply chain partners.
- Produce monthly HSE KPIs and management information for review and action by PG management team.
- ABB Organization (Accountabilities related to the way in which the work is organized within ABB)
- Work proactively with departmental process owners to deliver concise workable processes which are compliant with Legislative & ABB Group requirements and which seek to deliver industry best practices
- HSE professional with construction project experience.
- Qualified to Diploma level in HSE Management
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Conversant with relevant ISO & OHSAS standards
- Suitably qualified and experienced in the operation & management of quality and business management systems
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Computer literate & proficient IT skills
- HV power systems experience
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
LOCATION: United Kingdom
- Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc.
- Understand the basic principles of contract law and its importance in defense/application of contractual claims.
- Understand the principles of cost forecasting and reporting
- Provide commercial reporting to Project Teams and Senior Management
- Assist in establishing and maintaining cost and valuation reporting procedures
- Establish, develop and maintain contract administration procedures
- Initiate and maintain a means of contractual understanding within Project Teams.
- To manage the commercial resources of the assigned project to maximize the planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts. To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
- To support the authorization and submission of project variations. To authorize the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
- To maximize cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
- To implement ABB’s Health and Safety and risk Management process
- Establish and enforce standard change management procedures to ensure accuracy of capturing change and quantification of the work.
- Ideally degree qualified i.e. BSc or MSc, preferably a member of a professional body.
- Extensive knowledge of Quantity Surveying or an in depth knowledge of the different construction process within the Power Distribution, Utilities or M&E
- Professional and Approachable individual with an excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Working knowledge of NEC3, FIDIC and Bespoke forms of contracts.
- Experience in monthly cost/value reporting and cash flow management both with clients and supply chain.
- Experience in preparation and presentation of compensation events, extension of time and other claims.
- Computer literacy – Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (Written and Oral).
- Experience of collaborative working and strong communication skills both in partnership with Clients, and in liaising with the various specialist functions within ABB.
- A tenacious individual who wants answers, listens, defines problems and not afraid to implement changes
- An analytical person who can demonstrate attention to detail and also well organised and can work independently under a broad direction
- Experience of client facing roles,
- An individual with a forward thinking approach and the ability to develop client relationships.
SENIOR TRANSFORMER TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: United Kingdom
- Takes a strong active personal role in management of site works
- Ensure sustainable growth targets are achieved through driving site efficiencies
- Use technical knowledge to drive growth in specific portfolio areas
- Sales processes
- Ensure continuous improvement from site works and cost to sell in line with profitability targets via feedback from site
- Strong background in the power sector and Transformers
- Demonstrate customer focus
- Site based experience and qualifications
- Results orientation
- Ability to make an Impact and influence change
- Strong people skills
- Site ability to carry out testing
- Experience of differing business sectors and industry familiarization
LOCATION: United Kingdom
- Oversee the construction recruitment strategy, establishing the best resources required for all construction activities ensuring a balance of directly employed / external contractors.
- Establish, communicate, implement and the continuous development of the EPC construction strategy.
- Support tender production / order capture process by attending customer meetings when deemed required and providing input into the tender capture strategies around construction activities.
- Provide clear effective leadership with key focus on safety, quality, business integrity and commercial awareness, all achieved in line with ABB process and policies.
- Develop systems and procedures to embed, capture and cascade construction best practice. Ensuring proactive management of construction through projects providing best reporting and record keeping to support commercial requirements of contracts.
- Maintain commercial tension to drive out unnecessary costs and to encourage a challenge of the status quo.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) preferably in an engineering subject.
- Considerable and demonstrable experience in large scale construction activities/ project management.
- Experience in managing budgets and programme delivery.
- Good verbal and written communication skills – communication must be clear and concise.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to relate to all stakeholders.
- Be IT literate.
- Be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of modern construction methods. (taking into account the that the power industry has specific requirements)
- NEBOSH certification - Show a clear understanding of Health and Safety requirements specifically related to the power industry
- Ability to use judgment and make decisions in ambiguous or pressure situations.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
LOCATION: United Kingdom
- Sell robot logistics solutions to warehouse automation industry customers
- Own and drive business development plans for a selection of customer base.
- Continuous implementation of our strategy.
- Build compelling value propositions.
- Build ABB relationships and influence with Customers at all levels.
- Develop account plans in line with ABB strategy.
- Identify and report market and competitor trends relevant to Customer/Industry.
- Academic engineering degree
- Sales experience from warehouse automation environment.
- Creative strategic thinker with good business planning and management skills
- Strong Facilitator and negotiator
- Ability to identify and take sales opportunities
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Able to successfully interface with customers at all levels
- Strategic and value based selling
- Commercial and results oriented focus
- Market situation analysis / market intelligence