· Supervise the activities of assigned personnel in the Section. Perform supervisory duties and exercise financial authority at the level established by Management for the position.
· Provide flying medical licenses to flying crew. This includes carrying out routine medical check-ups and processing all necessary procedures for the regular renewal of crew medical flying licenses. You are to liaise with various aviation legislative authorities inside an outside Kuwait.
· Provide routine treatment for KAC flight crews. This includes examining results of tests and physical examinations, reviewing preliminary diagnosis and recommended treatment, and approving or determining alternatives for the effective treatment of haematological, emergency respiratory, cardiological, orthopaedic, ophthalmic, abdominal, dermatological and ear, nose and throat complaints. You are to determine whether to refer cases to State or private hospitals, make arrangements for referrals as required, and determine sick leave eligibility or fitness to fly.
· Provide direction and guidance to subordinate personnel.
· Ensure the preparation of a variety of reports, related to industrial injuries and accidents and statistics for distribution to internal boards, Ministry of Public Health officials, police, etc; you are to monitor and direct the overall clinical activities and performance of the laboratory and pharmacy, in house or outside hospital work.
· Draft and implement standard procedures for the Aviation Medicine Section, such as those for employment, periodic and termination check-ups, and regular check-ups for employees handling food inside and outside Kuwait for conformity to hygiene standards. Liaise with Ministry of Public Health and local medical institutions to develop and recommend aviation medicine standards for incorporation in Division Medical Manual.
· M.D. or M.B., Ch.B., plus post graduate diploma in aviation medicine
· 10 years' experience in aviation related medical practice and acute medicine management, including 3 years in a supervisory capacity
· License to practice as a physician from the Kuwait Ministry of Public Health
· Very good knowledge of English
· Supervise the activities of assigned personnel in the Clinic. You are to perform supervisory duties and exercise financial authority at the level established by Management for the position.
· Provide routine medical treatment to KAC ground staff. This includes examining results of tests and physical examinations, reviewing preliminary diagnosis and recommended treatment, and approving or determining alternatives for the effective treatment of haematological, emergency respiratory, cardiological, orthopaedic, opthalmic, abdominal, dermatological and ear, nose and throat complaints.
· Determine whether to refer cases to state or private hospitals, make arrangements for referrals as required, and determine sick leave eligibility or fitness to go back to work.
· Provide direction and guidance to subordinate staff. This includes reviewing their cases, giving second opinion, providing instructions and guidance on medical techniques and practices, such as treatment of certain conditions, the interpretation of tests and possible side effects of various drugs.
· Assist, if necessary, the Assistant Director and/or Manager, Aviation Medicine in day-to-day administrative and clerical work.
· Carry out other similar or related duties, such as designing and participating in first-aid courses for ground staff as required, participating in the preparation of the section's budget, etc.
· M.D. or M.B., or Ch.B
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in medical practice including 3 years in a supervisory capacity
· Very good knowledge of English
· License to practice as a Physician (General Practitioner) from the Kuwait Ministry of Public Health
· Assist in planning and developing the monthly crew roster in accordance with flight schedules for a particular fleet. Ensure rostering is carried out in accordance with the Department's policy to ensure an equitable and fair system of flight allocation, and in accordance with the Corporation's rules and regulations. You will prepare periodical simulator training schedules for the training of KAC's deck crews and other airlines as directed by the Assistant Manager, Simulator.
· Prepare schedules of training equipment and aircraft mockups for the training of KAC's cabin and deck crews and other airlines as directed. You will update schedules as required and participate in developing charts for deck crew positions with the flights to be operated each month. You are to check records and confirm with the Administration Section, the crew required for base or route checks, instrument ratings, simulator training.
· Coordinate and monitor all requirements of the deck crew for various training courses, simulator work or legal checks for license validity on a yearly basis. You will maintain usage records of all personnel and other airlines using the simulator, trainers and other training equipment. You will calculate the hours used, prepare statistical data and submit reports as directed.
· Maintain all files and develop an efficient index to facilitate easy reference. File all documents such as correspondence, invoices, brochures, service orders logs, etc. as required.
· Prepare and coordinate the required paperwork for other airline personnel to secure Entry visas as directed.
· Liaise with the various fleet rostering officers in the scheduling of deck crews for training as necessary.
· Liaise with the Engineering Maintenance section the scheduling of the Simulators, Trainers, and other training equipment for maintenance. You are to report problems that may cause delay in the training schedules to the Assistant Manager, Simulators.
· Carry out other similar or related duties such as typing letters and memoranda, sending faxes and telexes.
· Diploma in Business Administration
· 8 years' administrative experience in Simulator Roistering
· Good knowledge of English
· Type in English and Arabic from shorthand or longhand drafts a variety of material such as internal memos, reports, circulars, action forms, and telexes. You are to proofread, obtain appropriate signatures and dispatches accordingly.
· Receive incoming mail, sort, register receipt, date stamps and distribute to addressees. You are to prepare outgoing mail for dispatch and maintain a daily master file of incoming and outgoing correspondence.
· Maintain and update a comprehensive filing system for the department or section. This includes such files as business correspondence, reports, circulars, local and foreign addresses, business journals, periodicals and operating documents.
· Answer the telephone, connect callers as necessary, take and convey messages, arrange for appointments and answer general queries
· Receive departmental visitors, determine purpose of visit and advise supervisor concerned.
· Carry out other similar or related duties, such as making photocopies, maintaining a stock of departmental stationery, collating and binding reports and operating a telex machine as required.
· Secretarial diploma
· 1 year experience in general secretarial and clerical work
· Bilingual (Arabic/ English)
· Conduct part-147 annual internal audits of EASA and DGCA as per MTOE in the Training Department in order to meet the requirements of EASA and DGCA and KAC operating procedures, which includes the audit of training, facilities, examinations and results, and the assessors/ examiners/ instructors.
· To participate in part-147 external audits of EASA and DGCA.
· To conduct part-147 spot audit of all approved B1/B2 courses as per MTOE in training and ensure that the required evaluations are done.
· To raise non-conformities following the result of audits to the manager and analyze the preventative measures to maintain quality standards.
· To plan and co-ordinate QCTT audit and quality annual programs.
· To prepare and submit the bi-annual and annual audit reports to the Manager.
· Maintain the audit standards as per part-147 regulations.
· Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering/ or Mechanical Engineering/ or Electrical Engineering/ or a similar field
· 6 years’ experience in Engineering Training or Aircraft Maintenance
· Knowledge of EASA part-147, part-145, and part-66.
· Proficient in English
· Amend and recommend development of new insurance coverage as and when Kuwait Airways’ mandate changes.
· Follow up on amendments to international agreements, local and foreign regulations and other legal decisions related to air transportation to verify its implications on corporate liability and to ensure KAC’s insurance policies are updated.
· Investigate, analyze, and determine the extent of the insurance company's liability concerning personnel, casualty, or property loss or damages, and attempt to effect settlement with claimants.
· Correspond with or interview medical specialists, agents, witnesses, or claimants to compile information, if necessary.
· Ensure effective communication with respective departments /outstations to obtain required data necessary to establish insurance requirements and to ensure implementation of necessary procedures to minimize accidents and customer complaints.
· Respond to requests for information or interpretation of contract provisions and provide written or verbal technical, policy implications, and fiscal impact comments on insurance policies.
· Assist in establishing Kuwait Airways’ insurance requirements to develop tenders, evaluate insurance providers’ bids and short list insurance providers based on set criteria and Kuwait Airways’ requirements.
· Oversee calculation of benefit payments and approve payment of claims within a certain monetary limit, while ensuring they are aligned with contractual agreements.
· Assist in negotiating claim settlements and recommending litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated.
· Bachelor Degree in Law or Commerce
· At least 6-8 years of related experience of which a minimum of 2-3 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, in a similar industry
· Knowledge of airline insurance
· Assist assigned supervisor in compiling the information pertaining to sales promotion activities achieved by assigned area. This includes analyzing sales reports and clients cards, collecting related data and preparing necessary statistical reports to be used in further planning activities.
· Assist Supervisor in analyzing and achieving assigned sales promotion plans. This includes receiving a copy of approved sales plan and targets, assisting Supervisor in allocating targets to Sales Representatives in assigned area, following up on their performance, analyzing major deviation from targets and drafting reports recommending corrective actions.
· Visit IATA and non-IATA Travel Agencies to promote related sales and collect information for monitoring their productivity and practices of other carriers and their agents. Assist in solving KAC agent/clients’ problems and coordinates with reservation and traffic staff to provide booking facilities and special traffic handling for inclusive tours organized by KAC agents.
· Visit Ministries, Government’s corporations, commercial houses, oil companies, other airlines, unions, various associations, sports clubs, business men, VIP’s and other prospective clients to promote sales to achieve established sales targets.
· Receive and review clients requests and contact Operations Department and Traffic personnel at Kuwait Station to arrange for aircraft preparation and necessary clearances. This includes negotiating any terms and conditions for additional services required by clients, calculating fares and completing contracts and processing to Supervisor for review and approval.
· Completion of Secondary (12 years) education plus 2 years of formal training in commercial discipline.
· 4 years of experience in airline ticketing and reservation, including 1 year formal training and the successful completion of ticketing, reservation and airline sales training courses, 2 years of which as Sales Representative.
· Proficient in English
· You will assist in defining and effectively implementing Pricing strategies for Kuwait Airways while identifying suitable pricing actions to maximize revenue and improve performance.
· You will assist in defining strategy for all ticket-related ancillaries (e.g. excess baggage fee, reservation cancellation/ change, preferred seating, in-flight Wi-Fi, airport lounge access, seat assignment) based on seasonality, different routes, etc.
· Coordinate with local and regional heads to ensure understanding and alignment of pricing strategies and opportunities for unit revenue.
· Recommend and initiate actions to improve the effectiveness of pricing fare products.
· You will evaluate special fares for group travel, such as holiday or shopping excursion group rates, and provide recommendations.
· You will analyze top local market performance to highlight opportunities, optimize schedules and connections.
· You are to remain up-to-date with, and analyze, competitors’ pricing, product, position, and schedules, and provide credible updates on competitive fare actions.
· Bachelor Degree (preferably in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, or related field)
· At least 9 - 11 years of relevant experience.
· Knowledge of airline economics, airline pricing logic and pricing systems & terminology
TELEPHONE SALES OFFICER
· You are to enter assigned personal computer code through the computer set to establish a link with the RESKU system at the start of the shift. You are to review posted daily notices of extra flights or special services to present to prospective passengers and travel agents during shift.
· You are to receive telephone calls from the public and travel agents and utilize various techniques to promote sales and the Corporation's image.
· You are to maintain an efficient and courteous telephone presence with customers publishing various services, such as routings, classes and connection times, and suggesting alternatives whenever original requests are unavailable. You will call up appropriate flight schedules on RESKU to provide quick and efficient referral and flight routings while discussing with customer.
· You will note requested flights and obtains necessary information to interactively place booking in the RESKU system. Includes inputting passengers' names, flight dates, numbers, routing, class and particulars from passengers regarding contact telephone numbers and special requests. Reads back information displayed on the visual display unit requests. Reads back information displayed on the visual display unit (VDU) to confirm details, and enters file into system. Notes assigned passenger name record number (PNR) for passenger reference.
· You are to brief passengers on procedures for confirming flight, additional services and attendant flight details. Includes locating and requesting other airline flights, hotel and car rental reservations through message system to outstations, advising passenger of confirmation availability time if necessary, and advising procedures for KAC flight reconfirmation times, wait-list clearance, check-in times, weight allowances and ticket collection and payment requirements.
· Completion of Secondary (12 years) education
· 2 years of experience in airline reservations and sales including 1 year formal and on the job training and familiarization
· Good knowledge of English
· Computer and keyboard skills
· Create and coordinate a database compromised of multiple data sources, such as internal employees, front-liners, media and customers and ensure that this database is easily accessible by concerned departments. You will also be tasked with coordinating and collecting data from the outstations.
· Create and maintain a database on customer services; including different methods of measuring quality control checks on such services.
· Create and maintain a database on Outstations; the services they provide and putting in place methods of quality control checks to correctly measure performance.
· Design and create reports and requested publications to be used across the organization.
· Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Statistics
· Minimum GPA of 3.3
· Proficient in English
· Aviation experience preferred