Location: United Kingdom
You will have the ability to develop, manage, compile and deliver periodic estimates for projects through the project life-cycle. By working closely with project management, engineering, procurement and construction teams, you will have the ability to assemble project estimates by preparing Total Investment Cost estimates and the creation of breakdown work structures. This in turn will ensure baseline estimates are in place with fully defined scope and engineering deliverables. By building the right relationships and becoming an integral part of Project Controls Function, the principal estimator be successful in delivering positive results in project profitability, workforce engagement and coordination of the estimating project team.
This role requires a Principal Estimator with extensive experience in cost estimating. You will have experience within the Thermal, Process or Nuclear, ideally estimating EPC projects and MUST have experience with NEC3 Contracts. You will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of Earned Value Management and demonstrate experience in providing estimates for multi-disciplined design engineering teams. Playing a part in our team means being part of a global leader – and we’ll make sure you’re treated that way. That starts with a competitive rewards package complete with the kind of benefits you might expect, but continues with a level of support you might not. Because we think the best way to drive our company’s progress is to support our people’s progress. And now it’s your turn.
MECHANICAL PIPING ENGINEER
Location: Abu Dhabi
You’ll be a piping engineer that cares about the job you do, you will enjoy working as part of a team who are involved in integrity management, plant condition assessments, modifications, turnarounds and shutdowns while designing effective solutions and identifying improvements which can be made to enhance our client’s plant. You will be called upon to provide your expertise from initial customer engagement right through to handover.
In this position you will be working as part of a team of enthusiastic, highly skilled professionals therefore it is essential that you have at least 5 years professional experience prior to this role, a university degree in a relevant subject, and experience of working in the Middle East.
We stated that you care about what you do in but this of course goes hand in hand working with a team with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, who look to add value at every opportunity and take pride in providing solutions rather than creating problems. If you care enough about your expertise then we’d like to talk to you.
SENIOR DOCUMENT CONTROLLER
Location: United Kingdom
· We are currently looking for a Senior Document Controller to join the business to provide a document control service for a nominated project within our thermal division.
· With responsibilities including setting up & reviewing documentation processes, interfacing with partners and other functions including client and sub-contracting companies
· This role will ensure an accurate and effective document control service is provided and ultimately will be a pivotal part in ensuring the execution of a successful project.
· The senior document controller will report to the project manager on functional activities and ensure activity progress reporting and forecasting of project status are up to date and delivered on a timely basis. You will support project staff with document management systems including usage, training and maintenance of procedures and guidelines. You will also support with improvements to processes and applications of existing or new software.
· This role will suit an experienced document controller with a proven background in a similar role within an engineering or construction environment involved in EPC type projects.
· Your will be able to demonstrate a strong background in document control and control of project documentation, including supplier and client information.
Location: United Kingdom
· Reporting to the Environmental Manager, the Environmental Specialist will support the maintenance and continual approval of the Environmental Management System and ensuring all QHSE policies are up to date and fit for purpose.
· By ensuring that the environmental management system is continually improved and maintained, including ISO14001 certification, the environmental specialist will provide a pivotal support service to the business processes that will continually validate the guidance provided by the team. This role will also involve the management of 3rd part audits and assessments (e.g. LRQA) as well as providing assistance to external inspections
· The Environmental specialist will be experienced in a similar role within the mechanical or process industries with a minimum HND in Environmental science or equivalent.
· You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and OHAS 18001 and demonstrate excellent knowledge of environmental legislation.
· The successful candidate will also be an IRCA qualified EMS internal auditor (or equivalent) and ideally an ISO14001 lead auditor.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS
· With an unrivalled presence in the nuclear sector, we provide essential quality services that support the generation of safe, reliable, cost-effective nuclear power.
· As our business grows and our project portfolios develop, our outstanding Asset Integrity Management group continues to provide innovative engineering solutions to our customers.
· We are continuously developing new and existing solutions to maximise the performance, reliability and safety of our customer assets during their intended and extended life.
· In line with our future expansion we now seek 2 outstanding sales and relationship specialists who (taking into account that we are life partners and develop long term answers for our customers based on their needs and not on our priorities) will possess highly developed communication skills, acute commercial acumen and a natural ability to instill confidence with the decision makers in our market place.
· You will be involved right from identifying key decision makers within our target market through to developing long term business relationships.
· You will be a fluent French speaker, who is also a self-starter with a proven track record of presenting and selling a solution based proposition.
EC & I LEAD ENGINEER
Location: Abu Dhabi
· You’ll be an EC & I engineer that cares about what you do, you will enjoy working as part of a team who are involved in integrity management, plant condition assessments, modifications, turnarounds and shutdowns while designing effective solutions and identifying improvements which can be made to enhance our client’s plant.
· You will be called upon to provide your expertise from initial customer engagement right through to handover.
· In this position you will be working as part of a team of enthusiastic, highly skilled professionals therefore it is essential that you have at least 5 years professional experience prior to this role, a university degree in a relevant subject, and experience of working in the Middle East ideally on EPC projects within our market place.
· You'll be the sort of person who is able to inspire a team with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, who look to add value at every opportunity and take pride in providing solutions rather than creating problems, you'll have well developed communication skills to engage with clients, your UK based colleagues, and suppliers, and possess exceptional planning and prioritisation skills.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Doosan. We’re working on the kind of projects that charge economies and enrich lives. We’re making the innovations that few others in the world could contemplate. And we’re setting the standard in the power generation sector time and time again. It all starts with people like you in key roles like this one.
In recent years, Doosan Babcock has joined forces with ITER specialist solutions while establishing our French Hub in Aix en Provence. Together we have developed and delivered bespoke solutions to assist with the design, assemble, installation, inspection and maintenance of highly complex power systems.
· As part of a team of experts you will ideally possess experience in the application of specialist NDT along with a degree in an engineer qualification, chartered status and also be a fluent French speaker.
· If you have the drive and ambition to be part of our future growth at this exciting time and, are the sort of person who is passionate about their knowledge, skill and experience in NDT then we'd like to hear from you.