Performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises planning/scheduling activities when delegated. Interface with client, project team and sub-contractors to ensure successful project delivery. Identifies schedule-associated cost trends for management attention.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares project control plans and detailed plans for discipline or specialty activities.
- Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Ascertains that the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules.
- Integrates inter-discipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties. Works with the performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
- Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned disciplines or specialties. Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Develops required job hour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules. Performs analysis of Value of work Earned versus Cost Invoiced to verify cost performance of project. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Reviews schedule data, identifies and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting interdisciplinary requirements. Identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
- Develops and monitors short term (2-4 week) engineering and/or construction schedules.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals, and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
- Compile monthly program report that accurately reflects status of contract throughout implementation period. Provides critical analysis and mitigation strategy for reported schedule variance(s).
- Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule, and prepares and presents the Schedule Impact Report (CIAR).
Position Skills (Indicate key skills and experience to further define the position. Proficiency levels range from lowest to highest: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert. For lists of Skills and Skill Groups in SAP, see the document on BecWeb - http://184.108.40.206/Forms/Employment/Employment.htm#Org)
- College/University Degree required in Engineering or Construction Management with minimum of Seven (7) years work experience.
- At least three (3) years work experience as Planner/Scheduler on Heavy Civil / Infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to planning and scheduling problems.
- Candidate should possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work closely with peers and external customers.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in Bechtel (Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications, for example). Advanced working knowledge of Primavera to plan, organize, review and develop complex EPC schedules. Proficient in CPM scheduling, resource loading and leveling.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Other Remarks/Qualifications (Indicate any skills not available in the SAP Skills Catalog along with the appropriate proficiency levels)
Relevant university degree required.