LEAD OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Location: Gaffney, South Carolina
· Proven ability to operate a combined cycle power plant from the control room is highly desired, at a minimum, must have auxiliary operations experience.
· Sets priorities for the day to day work of the maintenance OMTs.
· Provides the maintenance manager with detailed information regarding daily, weekly and monthly work schedule for the maintenance OMTs.
· Plans projects and work orders, including ordering materials
· Assists the Planner and Maintenance Manager to develop work plans for upcoming projects.
· Assists other Maintenance OMT’s to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
· Use facility operating procedures and equipment technical manuals to maintain and repair facility equipment and ensure equipment is operated within proper operating ranges.
· Fully support the use of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
· Competently maintains a combined cycle generating facility and all associated auxiliary and support equipment with minimal guidance or assistance.
· High School Diploma required. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Plant Operations experience with technically sound knowledge and experience in Mechanical Maintenance and/or Electrical and I/C maintenance.
· Demonstrates knowledge of all facets of gas turbine power plant maintenance andability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
· Capable of writing procedures, work requests, purchase requisitions, and work plans.
· Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals and P&ID's, write routine reports, solve practical problems.
· Must clearly communicate tasks and needs, and training of other personnel.
· Mechanical, instrumentation and electrical equipment knowledge is required.
· Demonstrates knowledge of all facets of power plant operations. Working knowledge of a CMMS
· Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
WORK PACK COORDINATOR
· Plans and prepares field service work packs for major maintenance projects
· Works closely with internal teams such as quality and resourcing teams for documents preparation and turnover to the execution teams.
· Works closely with external services and third party vendors in preparations and turnover to the execution teams.
· Works closely with customers for planning and ensuring the customer site is readied for the project start, including conducting routine planning calls.
· Review customer and subcontractor requirements for adherence to project specifications and dates.
· Work with project leads to coordinate activities in advance of projects.
· Develop of data base of similar projects to create planning templates.
· Use outage lessons learned to more efficiently manage and improve planning for future projects.
· BS engineering degree or 5 - 10 years of Project Coordination experience with at least 10 years of overall maintenance coordination experience required.
· Understands complex, large maintenance project work scopes, is familiar with logical project execution sequences and critical interdependencies between engineering, finance, procurement, repairs, and field service.
· Ideal candidates will have strong gas and steam turbine power plant industry experience.
· Basic knowledge of a specialized or technical field such as accounting, business, administration, mechanical, or electrical technology.
· Preference will be given to individuals who have demonstrated leadership in advanced technology gas turbine power plants or similar environment.
INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
· Diagnoses and repairs the cause of instrument malfunctions and electric system malfunctions of equipment such as transmitters, transformers, relays, switches, and generator monitoring and controls systems, medium and high voltage distribution systems and monitoring devices.
· Proficient with using fluke meter and other test equipment to calibrate and repair plant instrumentation and electrical circuits
· Proficient at troubleshooting and inspecting programmable logic controllers, distributive control systems including control card replacement and wiring terminations.
· Identify and resolve CEMS problems. Capable of performing system calibrations and gas bottle change outs.
· Installs, repairs, calibrates and troubleshoots instrumentation and controls.
· Ability to perform routine generator electrical system test and inspections to the extent qualified and or supervise an outside contractor as required.
· Performs (with assistance as needed) the maintenance of equipment by cleaning, adjusting, tightening, performing preventative or corrective maintenance and identifying equipment in need of corrective maintenance. Writes, submits and clears corrective work orders for approval.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college to technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or a combination of experience and/or education preferred.
· Demonstrates the ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations
· Capable of writing operating procedures, work requests, and purchase requisitions.
REPAIR ENGINEERING MANAGER
Location: Houston, Texas
· Maintain and implement new repair standards.
· Recommend, qualify and implement new repair procedures.
· Recommend, qualify and implement new repair processes including weld techniques, machining methods, NDE Inspection, coatings and thermal sprays.
· Qualify service centers for specific repair processes (ex. op speed balancing, OD grinding, riveting, thermal sprays) as well as general product repair capability (ex. Datum disassembly/reassembly).
· Define and implement new technologies for inspection and reverse engineering of components including white light scanning and 3-D modelling.
· Review repair opportunities for applicability of upgrades and revamps.
· Make decisions on acceptability of components that do not meet new equipment drawing tolerances/requirements or current repair standards
· Interface with factory(PCC) product engineering as necessary
· Review the weld plans, including pre-machining drawings, quality plan, stress relief and weld build-up drawings
· Excellent management and problem solving skills.
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization; from shop floor to executive management
· BS in an engineering discipline/ MS preferred.
· 10+ years’ experience in an engineering role working with rotating equipment repairs.
· Experience with steam turbines and centrifugal compressors required. Gas Turbine repair experience helpful.
· 5+ years’ experience supervising professional personnel.
· Approximately 10-15% travel expected.
APPLICATION ENGINEER STEAM TURBINES
Location: Fitchburg, MA
· As a subject matter expert in Conversions, Mods and Upgrades of multiple OEM steam turbines, act as primary interface with sales and customer in product solution definition.
· Perform CMU technical and ROI studies, including thermodynamic/performance assessments from heat balance diagrams, cross sections, plant layouts, etc
· Working closely with engineering, develop scope definition, cost estimates and technical proposals.
· Participate as SME in Engineering design reviews and to Field Service for post order installation, start-up and troubleshooting as needed.
· Provide technical guidance/training for sales and customers as needed.
· Promote steam turbine capabilities at customer seminars and trade shows.
· Position may require approximately 30% travel.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (BSME), preferably Mechanical.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in related role.
· Demonstrated experience and understanding of all types of steam turbines including straight condensing, single and double auto-extraction, backpressure, etc. in industrial, utility, pulp/paper, O&G and petrochemical industries.
· Working knowledge of control and auxiliary systems such as lube-control oil, governor systems, leak-off and steam condenser systems.
· Working knowledge of industry standards such as API, ASME Performance Test Codes, NEMA SM23 etc.
· Must be a proactive self-starter and thrive in a fast paced organization with minimal guidance.
PLANT ENGINEER- MECHANICAL
Location: Gila Bend, Arizona
We are currently recruiting a Plant Engineer position for our Gila River Facility located in Gila Bend, AZ. This position implements, coordinates and performs the engineering support functions for plant operations and maintenance with an emphasis on the facility zero liquid discharge system. Performs monitoring and analysis of plant availability, thermal efficiency and environmental performance. Responsible for providing technical direction for daily operations, plant improvements, process improvements, design, analysing plant breakdowns and recommending corrective action. Responsible for planning and implementing plant preventative and predictive and repair maintenance. This position reports directly to the Facility Manager.
· A BS Degree in Engineering or commensurate experience is required as well as a demonstrated track record of successful goal achievement in a power plant environment.
· Strong Mechanical and/or Electrical background preferred.
· License Professional Engineer preferred.
Location: Houston, Texas
· Review production reports, activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing quality, cycle time, cost reduction or projects improvement.
· Direct a staff of 5 supervisors and approximately 70 shop employees involved with production, distribution, and service.
· Provide technical support to customers or contractors involved in production and services from the plant.
· Perform personnel functions such as selection, training, coaching, and evaluation of direct reports and hourly personnel.
· Recommend capital improvement projects to put into effect improved quality, operations or technical processes or equipment
· Optimize facility performance through appropriate utilization of manpower, equipment, and resources.
· Prepare monthly reports detailing significant production activities and updates on operating plan and objectives.
· A bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations management or equivalent experience is required. A master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership of large population of hourly personnel
· At least five (5) years of experience in production factory management, with a preference for eight (8) or more years.
· At least (8) years direct experience with industrial equipment manufacturing or repairs, with a preference for gas and steam turbine manufacturing or repairs.
· Experience as a service provider is preferred.
Steam Turbine Repair Engineer
Location: Perris, California
· Provide engineering oversight to guide the repair of turbomachinery.
· Create machining drawings and perform necessary engineering calculations and studies to confirm soundness of recommended repairs to steam turbines.
· Interact in a productive team-minded approach with other engineers, repair specialists and shop personnel to ensure high quality repairs and satisfied customer
· Meet with customers as required to support repair methodology decisions
· Supports Sales and marketing in the technical preparation of Requests for Quotation (RFQ's). This may require visits to customer's sites to review equipment and participate in technical discussions
· Handle quality, process and procedures for Perris facility as it relates to engineering and standardization amongst other facilities
· Assist in incoming inspection and report writing for recommended repairs.
· Work closely with engineering departments in other facilities on major projects or as needed on specific jobs.
· Review repair opportunities for applicability of upgrades
· BS in Engineering with 5 years of turbomachinery experience including hands-on engineering analysis and demonstrated problem solving ability
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
· Highly desirable to be familiar with multiple OEM products
· Approximately 10-15% travel possible
Location: Chicopee, Massachusetts
· Produce Shop Floor Job Travelers/Manufacturing routers that represent the specific process that each part must follow to meet drawing and customer requirements.
· Develop standard work instructions for each manufacturing router step on the Job Traveller. The standard work instructions will incorporate digital photos, visual graphics, tooling required, safety warnings, inspection steps, approval requirements, labour standards and production requirements.
· Execute time studies and initiate process improvements for a higher level of accuracy in developing time standards, job costing, and capacity planning and operator accountability.
· Develop standards in areas such as tooling, fixtures, assembly aids and process templates.
· Review and ensure that all drawings that are released to the manufacturing floor for machine processing meet all pre-set criteria for processing requirements.
· Work with Program Engineering to develop the most efficient process to manufacture a part maximizing machine output while maintaining set process standards, policies and procedures.
· B.S. or equivalent in Engineering related field of study.
· 5-10 years’ experience in a fast paced, quick turn manufacturing environment. Metal machining is preferred.
· Proficient is engineering graphics software usage such as AUTOCAD and PRO-E is required.
· Experience in Blue Print reading and interpretation.
· Knowledge of Gauging, Dimensioning and Tolerancing required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Detail oriented, organized and able to multi-task.