MS / PhD is preferred. 12+ years experience.
This position will support test infrastructure and product engineering of Singapore products (VCSELS, PINs) at remote contract manufacturing sites. This position requires frequent travel to Penang, Malaysia and will be located in Singapore.
Summary of Tasks to be Performed: This position includes responsibility for various aspects of the testing of VCSELs and detectors, including both manufacturing and R&D activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Process and methodology development, manufacturing support, and equipment maintenance for automated systems that test, handle, and perform visual recognition of VCSELs and detectors.
• Software and hardware development to improve process capability, efficiency, and yield.
• Statistical process control, process characterization, and calibration for manufacturing; failure mode analysis and designed experiments for process development.• Process integration.
• Documentation of equipment and processes.Competencies Required:
• Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in electrical engineering is required.
• Software/hardware expertise in the testing of optoelectronic devices is required.
• Candidate must be detail-oriented, quality-driven, and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and an intuitive understanding of electrical, mechanical, and optical systems.
• Experience with statistical process control is required.
• Experience with LabVIEW, VB.NET, C#.NET, C++, SQL, UNIX, or other programming languages/environments is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required.
• Ability to work for extended periods in a cleanroom environment is required.
• Experience with machine vision/automated visual inspection is preferred.
• Knowledge of optoelectronic devices and their applications is a plus.
• Ability to travel to SEA located contract manufacturers is required.