- Close collaboration with the other Houston quant analysts in undertaking the team’s day-to-day activity supporting the NAGP commercial teams
- Work seamlessly with the NAGP Structuring team to provide a valuation capability to the commercial organization that allows material value to be generated from complex deals that require proprietary models
- Design and implementation of pricing and hedging models for complex structured physical transactions and assets, eg storage, pipeline optionality and tolling arrangements
- Development and maintenance of the in-house C++ derivative pricing libraries
- Identification of hedging strategies for illiquid or non-traded price indices
- Delivery of novel solutions to ad-hoc requests from IST trading desks, structurers and originators
- Advancing the quantitative toolkit by introducing new technologies, algorithms and stochastic price processes
· PhD or MSc degree in a quantitative discipline with a deep formal maths training, (e.g. physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, mathematical finance or computer science)
IG FO DEV LEAD
· Lead a business facing development team to deliver new solutions to the International Power, Gas and LNG Front Office
· Work with other developers, Business Analysts and testers as part of the wider team within International Gas and Finance Information Technology and Services.
· Contribute to analysis, design and development of systems, business processes, data and interfaces.
· Develop scalable, reusable components and application frameworks using latest .Net, Java or C++.
· Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and makes recommendations.
· Assist with establishing an effective environment for rapid application development.
· Liaise between technology teams, support teams, other developers, and business units to analyse, review, and develop framework solutions specified by architecture.
· Demonstrate strong motivational and influencing skills.
· Experience of Agile SDLCs, particularly Scrum and Kanban
· Experience working in a team and positive collaboration to achieve a shared goal
· Experience leading a technology team in a high pressure, fast paced industry or business area
· Experience in the latest .NET technologies. WPF, ASP.NET
· Development skills in one or more of C++, Java, .NET
· Good experience of creating a Software Factory i.e. Version control, Continuous integration etc. Preferably Microsoft TFS.
OIL MARKET ANALYST TEAM LEADER
· Manage and lead the cross bench team to produce commercially valuable insights, expand influence and develop/inspire team members.
· Pull together analysis from bench analysts and communicate combined view to Global trading teams
· Forecast European refinery operations: refinery runs (crude and feedstock), refinery maintenance and expansion, refinery optimisation and production
· Monitor global economy and financial flows
· Bring a new perspective and challenge the [energy] demand assumptions
· Model and communicate linkages between markets such as commodities, FX, equities & fixed income and how these correlations change over time
· Drive useful and insightful analysis across trading
books, highlighting position risk and contributing to trading strategy
books, highlighting position risk and contributing to trading strategy
· Support the continuing development of the Analytics infrastructure
· Work in a proactive manner to support origination and trading in understanding market dynamics and potential outcomes
· Strong academic background; preferably in Finance or Economics
GLOBAL CREDIT RESEARCH ANALYST
· Analyse counterparties and assign credit ratings across coverage portfolio, taking into consideration evaluation of financial statements, industry knowledge and expertise and relevant qualitative factors.
· Prioritize and organize counterparty credit models and reviews in a manner which fosters a real-time understanding of critical industries and counterparties and provides the capacity to support time-sensitive information requests, front-end structuring and credit risk appetite decisions and crisis response in the event of a distressed exposure.
· Follow-up on emerging news and events which may impact coverage universe in a self-directed manner, including timely, proactive communication of observations and views.
· Understand impact of BP’s place within a counterparty’s overall capital structure and reflect insights in analysis and in discussions with local credit staff – including assisting as required in developing a relative value view of fair return for resulting risk profile.
· Demonstrate a balanced but opportunistic mindset, with control accountabilities always coming first but with an ongoing eye for circumstances which may present commercial origination openings for IST as well.
· Maintain counterparty ratings and reference data within IST’s credit systems in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting – along with a strong business/analytic mind-set.
SENIOR MARKET ANALYST
· To provide proprietary trading analytics to Traders on fundamentals, market pricing & potential strategies and ensure that the output becomes a key source of competitive advantage for IST Traders vs. the competition.
· Act as a Trading Analytics resource for the modelling of the sources of value/risks in new trading activities.
· Help the broader RB community in the analysis of mid term prospects & impacts on its Growth Strategy.
· Performing short term proprietary & tactical analysis linking the macro with the micro, resulting in a trading view to be discussed with traders.
· Identifying market relationships & pricing anomalies. If the market is tradable, form a trading view to be discussed with traders. If the market is not tradable, clearly articulate the rationale and trading insights it provides.
· Analyse ideas with traders, produce research supporting them & foster discussion with and across trading books. A personality facilitating communication with the trading teams is essential to ensure the success of this position.
· Degree in Finance or in Engineering or equivalent. A degree in a discipline facilitating an understanding of either trading or commercial refining is acceptable.
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE ANALYST
- Engage with the front office to initiate, project manage and promote Ops Ex within IST. Manage the interface with the regional Functions, and IT&S
- Participate as an integral member of the IST EH Strategic Change and Operational Excellence (SCOPeX ) team in the region.
- Apply consistency across the regions of lessons learned, find innovative ways to share learnings and best practice, from trends, incidents and near misses where relevant.
- Assist in the identification of high risk or inefficient processes requiring process review, either end-to-end or in part aimed at maximising straight through processing, and minimising risk and errors.
- Support the development and maintenance of IST Operational Risk Standards (including Incident Reporting), Framework and Control Processes aligned with IST’s strategies.
- Risk Identification & Mitigation through execution of the Incident Management and Reporting process (ORCA management) in the region
- Bring succinct communication and meaningful contribution in business forums. Contribute to the preparation and participation of regional operational excellence working groups.
· BA Degree or equivalent experience.
SENIOR MOBILE APPS DEVELOPER LEAD
- Be part of a business facing development team to deliver new mobile applications and solutions to the Oil Front Office and Middle Office teams.
- Technically lead and mentor more junior members, setting standards and technical vision within the team.
- Stay abreast of technical advances in mobility and provide insight and direction.
- Work with other Developers, Business Analysts and Testers as part of the wider team within Global Oil Information Technology and Services.
- Directly contribute to analysis, design and development of systems, business processes, data and interfaces.
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent, in Computer Science related disciplines.
STRATEGIC CHANGE ANALYST
· Contribute to the development of the plan for all projects undertaken
· Development and maintenance of appropriate project evaluation models
· Facilitate, engage and enroll team, key partners and other stakeholders to undertake appropriate project assurance activity and secure necessary approvals
· Ensure all projects follow the Assurance and Approval Standard and Control Process, CVP and GIAAP guidelines and requirements.
· Support business cases for each targeted opportunity, ensuring fundamental supply and demand analyses are incorporated so that business is able to identify, define and prioritize sources of value and required resources, relationships, asset access, capability, flows and risk mitigation strategies.
· Represent EH’s business views and requirements to the Central Project Teams for any global projects
· Document and develop the processes necessary for the new systems and new commercial activities
· Lead the implementation of different aspects of projects covering definition of data and business requirements, development and running of business test scenarios, development of reports, queries and training programme for business users
· University Degree in any discipline
· Help manage the LPG waterborne trading strategy and positions in the Atlantic Basin (Europe, Med, WAF, USGC, Latam) and the Eastern Hemisphere (AG, JKT, SE Asia, Australia), in cooperation with the EH team
· interact with US NGL team around the global strategy and the management of US exports/imports
· Work with rest of the team in other regions, with other teams (Naphtha, LNG,…) and market analytics staff to develop and validate key strategies to monetize strategic views
· Develop and maintain relationships with trading counterparts, leading to the conclusion of term longs and shorts and feeding into the Business Development team’s strategy.
· Meet PNL objectives while complying with all relevant BP policies, as well as, legal and regulatory requirements.
· Work closely with refineries, BP Exploration and supply teams to ensure competitive and reliable supply/sales
· Accurately enter trades and ensure accuracy of overall position, PNL, and risk metrics.
· Post and validate forward price curves where necessary.
· Degree Qualified
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- Design and develop systems for the Trading Operations commercial team in Oil. This team deal with crude and product scheduling across the American continents, and is a fast moving and dynamic organisation with constant requirements for systems development. This commercial team consists of about 80 users, with requirements for technology work.
- We use C# for desktop development, and Java for server side development. On mobile devices, we deliver to Windows Phone, Android, and Apple devices. You are expected to be conversant with all these technologies and be a guru in at least two of these technologies.
- Contribute to the full SDLC, including analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance of the system, business processes, data and interfaces.
- Own the Trading Operations technology development. There are systems already live, one of the primary ones being the Core Scheduling Tool (CST). This system has about 1MLOC and is used by about 900 users throughout the world. Work with the commercial teams to ensure that the system is fit for purpose.
- Exceptional development skills in core Java/JEE and .NET/C#
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures, clustering and multi-threaded program design.
- Experience of working in brownfield sites, where the work requires creating new solutions within an existing array of highly integrated systems.