With over 100 years' experience in oil and gas, we've built a reputation for developing close and long-lasting relationships with top tier clients and creating long-term value for their organizations. Our 20,000 professionals provide integrated, cost-effective and sustainable solutions for upstream, midstream and downstream projects worldwide.
Tier 1 capabilities
The acquisition of Kentz* and its subsidiary Valerus** in 2014, and the integration of these organizations into SNC-Lavalin, gives us world-leading expertise across the entire value chain. We are a truly end-to-end partner, with proven capabilities ranging from feasibility studies, process engineering and complete front-end engineering packages, to the detailed execution of projects on an EPCM or EPC package basis. In addition, we offer project financing and long-term concession agreements. We use our enhanced expertise in high-value sectors to help clients access, develop and process new deposits efficiently, cost effectively, sustainably and safely across our key sectors:
- Upstream Production
- Processing & Treating
- Carbon Capture
- Refining & Petrochemicals
- Utilities & Infrastructure
A deep commitment to safety
Our ultimate aim is to be an industry leader in safety performance and to achieve an incident and injury-free workplace, where nobody gets hurt and everyone goes home safe each night.
Global expertise, delivered locally
With operations in 36 countries, we support clients across the world and are able to bring experience gained in one region to the challenges faced in another. At the same time, we understand the cultures and practices in each country, and our decentralized approach means that we are agile and responsive to meet the requirements and expectations of local, as well as global stakeholders.
Focusing on client needs
We know the importance of combining safety and technical expertise with a sharp eye on schedules, a keen sense of value and a deep understanding of the importance of helping our clients build and sustain their assets. That's why we've worked with several of our clients for decades on some of the most challenging projects - and why many of our orders are repeat business.
Kentz, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, are currently looking for Project Engineers. Project Engineers are responsible to plan and control services on site for the maintenance shutdowns as per client maintenance schedule.
• Agree short & long-term milestones with the site manager during the plan & prep stage.
• Discuss with the site manager any resources & technical services needed on site.
• Revise, & keep all plans up to date prior to commencement to the shutdown
• Document the shutdown programme & monitor progress, advising the QS of any variations or delays.
• Ensure that all instructions or details of work made available by the client are incorporated into the project programme & made available to the shutdown personnel.
• Liaise with material controllers at all times to ensure stock levels are kept at required levels.
• Ensure the shift handover meetings are done correctly, & any issues are discussed with relevant personnel.
• Inform the client on all progress/difficulties encountered, and inform the site manager of any discussions with the client that they are unable to resolve satisfactorily.
Education & Skills:
• Minimum of a National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant shutdown petrochemical experience.
• Excellent communication skills in the English language.
• Problem Solving skills
• Team Leadership skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Self- Management skills
• Be well supported by this top tier engineering and construction organization.
• Long term rewarding career on offer.
• Excellent salary package with benefits
• Ongoing professional and personal development.
• Gain valuable experience with major resource projects.