Occidental is a global enterprise with business operations around the world, and we expect all of our employees to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Occidental offers many opportunities to those wishing to experience different cultures and new, challenging work environments. We reward top performers with career advancement opportunities that may take a high-achieving individual around the globe.
Many Occidental employees have the rewarding experience of becoming global citizens, not just company representatives abroad. They learn how to interface with national and local governments and how to work effectively in cross-cultural settings. Some choose to live in other countries as members of the community, where they have the opportunity to both teach and learn across cultures.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Credit Analyst based in Houston, TX.
Essential Job Duties
· Collect credit information and analyze credit-worthiness, with a focus on gas counterparts.
· Establish, monitor, and report on credit limits.
· Strong knowledge of excel and word.
· Assist in all credit department functions including preparation of new credit files/reports, updating existing credit information, tracking expirations and renewals of guaranties, letters of credit, and other credit support arrangements.
· Develop and expand a network of peers through membership in credit organizations and associations.
· Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
· 1-3 years of prior credit experience.
· Keen attention to detail
· Strong excel knowledge
· Proficiency in credit related matters
· Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information in a professional manner.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to understand various financial documents (e.g., credit reports, balance sheets, income statements, cash flows).
· Ability to prepare/review various credit related documents (e.g., guaranties, letters of credit, and prepayments).