Career Development Specialist
Provide advice and guidance from an expert perspective to line management on learning solutions linked to core / behavioral and technical competencies for all positions in the company.
Works closely and provides support to line managers for competency assessment, identification of competency gaps and associated learning solutions.
Aligns all learning solutions to the competency framework and ensure that suitable learning programmes are identified and developed for the appropriate competencies.
Works closely with Superintendent Learning and line management on preparation of Individual Development Plans for identified competency gaps and monitor the progress.
Work closely with internal and external instructors and on-the-job trainers to ensure the alignment of learning activities with the competency framework.
Develop and maintain comprehensive competency based learning solutions database.
Provide training on competency assessment and development of Individual Development Plans (IDPs).
Monitor development progress of on development trainees to ensure the IDPs are followed & completed as per schedule.
Independently manage development of companys strategic trainees and monitor their progress.
Supports the Superintendent Learning with regard to the alignment and configuration of competency based learning solutions to the strategic objectives of the company.
Bachelor degree in Human Resources with 10 years of experience within the Human Resources/Talent / Learning /Organization Development function of a large corporation, preferably Refining/ Petrochemical/Engineering industry.
Professionally qualified e.g. Chartered member of CIPD / SHRM.
A recognised Coaching qualification would be highly desirable.
At least 5 years of experience in competency based Learning and development area.
Practical experience in development, management of Competency based Individual Development Plans.
Excellent interpersonal / communication / influencing skills and a committed team player.
Fully computer literate with knowledge and experience of MS Office Applications.
Excellent communication skills (verbal & written), Ability to produce accurate and concise, written and verbal reports/presentations.
Description & Qualifications
1. University degree in relevant disciplines: Civil engineering, building, or quantity surveying.
2. Full membership of a relevant professional institute.
3. 10 years experience: At least 7 years in housing management & maintenance in a local housing authority or other similar organization and 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
4. Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of engineering principles, contract management, contract law and procedure for preparing specification.
5. Broad knowledge of recognized British and American design codes covering building and related mechanical and electrical works.
1. To plan and carry out scheduled and unscheduled inspection programmes of housing, service buildings, road and infra-structure, external and internal.
2. To scrutinize drawings, specifications and contract documents and discuss job (project) with BPE to become informed on scope, design details, specification and special problems. Visit job-site to discuss work with the selected contractor. Ensures agreement is achieved on contract-sequence schedules, manpower requirements and specialized tools and equipment needed.
3. Checks the contractors have obtained all the requirements to commence the work including materials and the necessary permits, and direct labor-only contract staff as required.
4. After building maintenance/renovation work has been completed, carries out an acceptance inspection and identifies defects and omissions, prepares the moan list, and prepares contract completion certificate and ensures the contractor provide accurate as-built drawings.
5. Visits all new residents upon arrival to introduce himself and ensures that they have all relevant information about the housings, and the housing services available.
6. Inspect accommodation prior to a residents departure to assess its condition and whether there is any damages that should be charged to the departing employee.
7. Recommends to the accommodation officer, through the BME, when it is necessary to take action to enforce the terms and conditions of the occupation, and provides report and recommendations when a resident seeks compensation from the company.
8. Assists the BPE/BME in initiating, formulating and developing policies and programmes relevant to the upgrade and major overhaul services and maintain accurate up to date records of all housing data necessary to support decision making.
9. Reviews current material, methods, systems procedures and working practices during building inspections and organizes and participates in job defects and liability inspections.
10. Monitors expenditure in order to operate within approved budgets and assists the BPE/BME in preparation of estimates and technical specifications for work to be carried out by contactors.
11. Obtains non stock items required for work from local suppliers on an as & when required basis.
Coordinator Solar Energy
Coordinate with Solar Energy contractor for operation & maintenance of all the solar panel installations owned by Bapco to ensure the uninterrupted generation of solar energy.
Prepare & maintain contractual agreements and negotiate contractual terms with the contractor to ensure best value for the services from solar O&M contractor.
Assess, evaluate and audit the performance of the O & M Contractor to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with contract and Bapco standards.
Maintain, budget & control all cost related to solar energy including operations & maintenance cost to ensure the cost effective operation & maintenance of Solar Equipment.
Carry out literature surveys, best practices information and provide technical advices on solar energy to optimize & enhancement of performance.
Prepare solar energy performance report and review with the higher authorities to explore performance improvement opportunities.
Liaise with Electricity and Water Authority (EWA), government agencies for solar energy power generation to provide necessary support from Bapco on solar energy.
Liaise with O & M Contractor, regularly monitor all the solar panel installations at the Network Operation Centre during abnormal situation or interruption of power supply to rectify the issue and normalise to energy supply as early as possible.
Liaise with O & M Contractor is exercising best asset management practices including planned preventative maintenance to ensure long term usage of all the solar panel installations.
Monitor the O&M work and ensure that contractors s employees comply with Bapcos HSE Standards and relevant Bahrain Governmental Regulations to prevent unsafe situation at work sites.