3M is seeking a Marketing Operations Manager for the 3M Health Information Systems Division located in Murray, UT. Ready to be a part of what’s next?
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Marketing Leadership –
- Provide direction, coaching and demonstrate classic marketing skills with management responsibility for Product Marketing Team, Marketing Operations and Marketing Communications
Market Intelligence –
- Understand the broader Healthcare IT market and the product / customer segments where 3M HIS participates.
- Track market and technology trends affecting business performance and identity new opportunities for profitable growth.
- Know the relative strengths and weaknesses of key competitors and opportunities for strategic business partnerships.
- Ability to develop business forecasts and growth modeling.
Customer Engagement and Insight –
- Build customer relationships through 3M client meetings, customer visits and industry associations. Direct marketing team activities to gather "Voice of Customer" on new product ideas and feature enhancements to be integrated into the software and service development process.
- Clearly articulate the customer value propositions for products and services with audience-appropriate messaging.
Marketing Planning and Execution –
- Drive marketing planning process inclusive of market situation analysis and setting objectives, strategies and tactics to increase customer awareness, consideration, purchase and loyalty to deliver on sustainable business growth.
Strategic Planning Support –
- Lead focused projects associated with strategic marketing and business opportunities.
- Key contributor in strategic planning processes, activities, and content.
Management Responsibilities –
- Provides direct supervision to assigned employees through leadership, coaching, training and development, allocating work assignments, review of progress in achieving objectives, managing employee compensation, performance appraisals, diversity, disability, all relevant employee data, etc. Understands and enforces corporate/location policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action to address policy violations.
- May manage workforce vendors and contracts.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Ten (10) years of Marketing Experience in functions such as Marketing Management, Product Marketing, Product Management, Strategic Marketing and Marketing Communications. Proven success at launching, marketing and managing a portfolio of products and/or services
- Three (3) years of experience with commercialization of new products (market sizing, pricing, VOC, launch, etc.)
- Five (5) years of Management Experience with direct reports leading marketing teams with budget / spending responsibilities, business forecasting, and Growth Modeling
- Five (5) years in a leadership function managing more than 15 direct reports
- Five (5) years leading marketing activities in a complex software environment
- Five (5) years combined years of experience working with P&Ls and/or complex operating budgets
- Master's in a Business Administration discipline with a Marketing Emphasis
- Three (3) years in Strategy / Business Consulting, Investment Banking Private Equity, and/or Mergers and Acquisitions
- Ability to excel in a complex, cross-functional and dynamic work environment
- Key characteristics include strategic thinker, creative, assertive, collaborative, action-oriented, clear writing and messaging ability, strong business acumen, outstanding influencing skills and excellent presentation skills
- Passionate leader and team player that energizes others
- High integrity and work ethic are expected and highly valued
- Proven expertise in leading marketing activities in a complex Healthcare IT environment
- A recognized thought leader in in marketing strategy
Location: Murray, UT
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what’s next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M Health Information Systems benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.