Financial Control Executive
Produce timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis for financial items under the Cluster’s control.
Identify variances against budgets for cost item and conduct gap analysis for the Cluster Financial Control Manager.
Review agency cash-flow forecasts.
Produce reports for Trade Management as agreed on trade specific costs within the Cluster.
Use and maintain the accounting system and the reporting system at the Cluster level.
Assist Cluster Financial Control Manager to oversee the implementation of UASC policies and procedures in owned/JV agencies so as to standardize the processes followed by owned/JV agencies globally.
Assist Cluster Financial Control Manager to implement standard KPIs to measure and monitor agency
performance, and report of any deviations from agreed benchmarks.
Update Contract/tariff and manage the authorization function of WDL to agencies through “Cost Cycle”
program in the TRUST.
Assist in reviewing all terminal, feedering, and cost related contracts and suggest cost saving
measures to the Cluster Operations Managers.
Review and update costs in the Pricing Contribution system.
Monitoring invoicing of Detention & Demurrage in TRUST Detention and Demurrage module and following up with the Agents for collection.
· University degree in finance.
· Chartered Accountant or CMA is an advantage.
Key Account Manager
- Actively own and manage a portfolio of identified Global Key Accounts .
- Prepare/manage and communicate strategy, including account plans for each account
- Represent the companies interests when meeting UASC Key Accounts and participate in negotiations on behalf of the organisation when required
- Act as prime contact for designated Key Accounts, undertaking negotiations, reviews and visits in accordance with agreed action plan
- Develop your own global network of touchpoints from within the Key Account management team to service and develop your Global Key Accounts.
- Manage buy in, across all stakeholders on Corporate, TMU and Cluster level
- Identify and set up dedicated resources globally at cluster and country level, including supporting and informing the Executive Sponsor
- Strategically focus on integrating, growing and developing existing and potential business opportunities (including joint operational efficiencies) in liaison with stakeholders
- Act as leading sponsor for Tenders from identified existing/target BCO’s & Named Account tenders from NVOCC’s
- On a weekly basis, proactively communicate progress and monitor performance
- Monitor the agreed cargo flows by trade/segment and introduce corrective measures where volumes are below budget
- Assist in the continuous development and implementation of robust and transparent measurement tools
- Manage and monitor administration for approved VIR Accounts
- Monitor debt & credit facilities, demurrage & detention performance for selected Key Accounts and flag concerns to stakeholders involved
- At least 5 years of sales experience
- Experience in container line shipping or similar international logistics business
- Procurement Strategy, Executions, Policies and Performance Management
- Support the implementation of the global procurement strategy into all countries covered
- Assist CPM and Global Category Manager in preparation of global category strategy through mapping / analyzing data on current spend patterns and conducting regional-level stakeholder interviews to identify cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplace
- Assist CPM / SCPO building supplier, category and market understanding through performance management, research and stakeholder briefings which result in the management of commercial issues throughout the commissioning and procurement cycle
- Tracks internal compliance and adherence to set strategic procurement policies and processes
- Support annual budget process
- Diploma in maritime/shipping/supply-chain/business/finance/economics
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in negotiations and contract management
- Knowledge of shipping industry within region
- Understanding of core strategic procurement processes and tools
- Ability to implement plans
- Analytical skills
- Based on the Booking and Packing Lists received, prepare English Manifest and dispatch to Shippers, Hauliers and Terminal concerned.
- Prepare Draft B/L based on the Shipping Instruction received, issue Invoice (as may be required) and send to the customer for approval.
- Coordinate with Haulers for shuttling and completion of Customs formalities. Liaise with Terminals to obtain status of the nominated units.
- Upon receipt of loading data/confirmation from Terminal, arrange to issue Shipment Advice to Customers.
- Finalize B/L, collect dues and issue the same.
- Perform Manifest Closure.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to communicate in English
- Involved in the local implementation and administration of global HR strategy in the Cluster, TMU, and Agencies.
- Execute the global compensation and benefits strategy, policy and procedures in the Cluster, TMU and Agencies.
- Support Cluster HR Business Partner in administering the performance management system and processes in order to contribute to the promotion of a performance driven culture and to the optimization of business performance in the respective Cluster and TMU.
- Monitor the processes that run the performance management system, recruitment, training and development of the staff – flag any local concerns that need action / resolution to Cluster HR Business Partner.
- Support Cluster HR Business Partner in executing training plans and programs within the TMU and Cluster in order to ensure that employees have the necessary skills to perform to the required standards, both now and in the future.
- Follow up on the completion of recruitment and selection processes (on board, contract administration) within the TMU and Cluster;
- Assist Cluster HR Business Partner in organizing staff activities of the Cluster and TMU, providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
- Monitor the processes that run the performance management
- Bachelor ’ s Degree
- HR Certificate is an advantage
- Fluently in German and English
- 3 years of experience working in HR
- Experience working in a similarsized international organization is
- an advantage
- Provide input to trade budget for direction from support unit (e.g. target markets, UASC positioning, service offering, and alliances) to the Head of Trade Management Unit.
- Propose yield and pricing policy for business from location of support unit for approval by the Senior Trade Manager and oversee implementation of approved policy.
- Discuss and agree with Key Account Manager on price and volume requirement for each Key account.
- Set detailed allocation between ports/agencies for trade from support unit location.
- Analyze any deviation in financial performance of the trades from support unit location and initiate corrective actions if necessary.
- Provide feedback to Senior Trade Manager on issues relevant to the overall trade management, including Networks, partnerships, target markets, market positioning, space allocations between trades.