- Saw, drill and chip graphite mold and cores away from casting.
- Glass bead blast residual graphite as necessary.
- Prepare bit for brase operation by grinding, polishing and fitting PDC cutters to pockets.
- Clean, apply flux and thermal blanket to casting and place in
- Warming furnace to bring bit to specified temperature for brazing operation.
- Ability to eradicate errors readily & take rectification actions for drill bits.
- Perform final grinding and cleaning of the casting to make it cosmetically perfect for manufacturing as well as servicing bits.
Become fully familiar and fully conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times
Comply to NOV corporate and HSE rules and regulations
- Manage the overall function of the Quality Assurance Department
- Facilitate and maintain NOV quality system objectives
- Ensure that Quality Assurance policies and procedures are adhered to
- Report to Management on performance of QMS
- Maintain technical certification
- Ensure that the NOV quality system is audited on a regular basis
- Identify and remedy training shortcomings
- Identify and remedy personnel shortcomings
- Review and address Corrective Actions to ensure that the root case is addressed
- Endure that Corrective Actions are fully implemented to address the Root Cause
- Meet quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; Preparing annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Analyzing quality assurance trends to stay world class in Quality Assurance
Relevant Quality Assurance qualification. In depth knowledge and/or qualification of Quality Systems
Ø Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
Ø Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for the total ledger.
Ø Ensures the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
Ø Assists the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
Ø Ensures the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
Ø Supports budget and forecasting activities.
Ø Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Ø Ensure that the accounts reconciliations are done and properly maintain
Ø Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
Ø Responds to inquiries from the Controller, and audit firm regarding financial results, special reporting requests.
Ø Works with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
Ø Supervises the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
Ø Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
Ø Prepares the statutory accounts and the reconciliation USGAPP vs OHADA
Master in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
Follow the company HSEQ policy and department operating procedures while performing any task
Check the incoming raw material to his machine and verify if it is as per the requirement to machine the part.
Verify the program as per the guidelines to ensure right program and tooling are used to machine the product.
Verify the accuracy of the instruments to ensure that correct and calibrated measuring instruments are used to inspect the part.
Write inspection reports as per the guidelines by measuring parts
Provide information to supervisors about job variance and any other issues
ITI or diploma in engineering or suitable work experience
Should able to understand blue prints
Should have knowledge of measuring instruments used in mechanical industry.
Should have knowledge of basic g code programing
Should able to work in rotating shifts
Should able to work in standing condition for at least 8 hours
• Manage production efficiently and to schedule in accordance with plan;
• Maintaining costs and headcount in line with company business plan;
• Implementation and delivery of relevant KPI's in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement;
• Driving improvements in production processes using defined lean and continuous improvement methods and standardised processes and procedures;
• Liaising with Quality Control teams to ensure all products are produced on time and of good quality;
• Ensuring departmental compliance with all controlled documentation;
• Continually review OEE to understand trends and find root cause for losses.
• Development of training and coaching plans for direct reports;
• Oversee training to production operators in order to develop their skills and capabilities to increase productivity levels and maximising profit where possible whilst maintaining cross functional skills;
• Supervising and motivating the team and reviewing performance;
• Ensuring all company policies / procedures are adhered to and enforced by department supervisors;
• Member of Site Management Team with involvement in Site Strategy and Operational Plan.
• Supporting the Sales Team with customer visits / meetings.
• An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
• Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products and services
• Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
• Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgement based on immediate and future business needs.
• Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
• Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
Drill conductor hole, surface hole, intermediate hole and final phase as per well plan designed?s drilling or well program
Function and pressure test BOP's as per program
Operate and / or direct operation of drawworks and other equipment and tools on the drill floor
Confirm measurements of casing and total depth with Rig Manager and Drilling Manager
Coordinate running and testing of casing, wellhead equipment and BOP stack with Rig Manager and Drilling Manager along with 3rd party
Assist in well testing with 3rd party
Direct BOP drills while using good drilling and well control practices designed for RDTC
Kill well and maintain pump strokes during kill operation as directed by the Rig Manager and Drilling Manager
Secure well in emergency situation
Manage periodic inspection and lubrication of topdrive, drawworks, rotary, swivels and other associated drilling equipment
Maintain and complete IADC drilling report
Maintain drilling logs and records
Maintain derrick or mast and associated equipment
Manage operation and service of standpipe manifold and drilling fluid system equipment
Manage maintenance of drilling fluids and coordinate with Mud Engineer and Drilling Plan
Plan work for drill crew and ensure appropriate tools are ready for use
Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
Floorhand, motorman and derrick experience