1. Analyses and reviews the maintenance andrepairs reports received whilst the vessels are in operation.
2. Performs continuous analysis and assessmentsof guarantee claims received and gives recommendations on response.
3. Reviews the dry docking list before andfollowing each dry-dock period. Monitorsthe accuracy, quality & time schedule of repair specifications during thescheduled repair periods.
4. Attends the scheduled major repairs to safeguardand ensure they are undertaken to the required standard. Attends the post docking review meetingsprice negotiations.
5. Provides technical advice on all aspects ofthe maintenance and repairs of the vessels and technical matters relating to thesafe, efficient and cost effective operations.
6. Performs statistical analysis on such itemsas repair periods. The frequency of repairs, the time of the repairs, fuelconsumption to ensure that the vessel operations are in accordance with the standards.Maintains a database giving technical historical records regarding equipmentfailures, fuel consumption and spare parts consumption.
7. Monitors the vessels performance andcondition for best attainable industry Standards through regular ship visit.
8. Liaise with the Post Construction Team and3rd part managers, on long term technical issues, and future fleet projects.Participating in relevant technical/Engineering studies and makerecommendations to improve the quality and standards of the vessels
10. Represents the Company as requested atindustry venues and forums.
11. Provide technical input to Supply &Contracts on key vendors to develop strategic contracts and parallel agreementswith the 3rd party Managers.
12. Supervise proper application of the PMS
13. Conduct investigations as required totechnical problems or improvements to the vessels, propose solutions andrecommendations.
14. Carry out risk assessments in support of theoperators.
15. Ensure that Class and Flag matters aremaintained by the operator.
16. Monitor the vessels budget, if significant deviations, request explanations from the operators
Education and experience as a marine engineer, Class 1, (preferably motor & steam), and sailed as Chief Engineer on board LNG/VLG Carriers, or equivalent/relevant Degree.
Analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision making skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge of technical operations for the vessel types Large Gas Carriers owned and managed
Knowledge of cargo containment system, cargo handling equipment and systems on board vessels Large Gas Carriers owned and managed
Knowledge of propulsion plant on-board vessels owned and managed
Previous experience in role of two years is desired or alternatively, prolonged experience as Chief Engineer on relevant vessel types.
Ability to respond positively to customers/charterers in an effective manner
Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills
Job Description :
Reporting to the Head of Administration, and working closely with other members of the HR/Administration Department, the Administration Assistant is responsible for coordinating the on-going provision of services for all Nakilat employees and provides administrative support services to HR and Administration.
a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Human Resources, Business Studies, Business Administration or in a related discipline or equivalent.
a minimum of 3 years’ position related experience, specific HR experience is required.
“can-do” attitude and “hands-on” approach are essential.
excellent computer skills to include experience of working with the full MS Office Suite of products and Visio.
candidates must be capable of exercising discretion and tact, confidentiality is integral to the role.
Marine Cadet Program
The Marine Cadet Program is a scholarship opportunity available to QatariNationals who desire a career as an Engineer or an officer aboard one ofNakilat’s state-of-the-art LNG or LPG vessels. Successful candidates will bepositioned into one of two lines of career progressions that lead to theposition of Captain or Chief Engineer aboard a Nakilat carrier.
Following completion of a course of study resulting in a Diploma (HND),Marine Cadets will begin a comprehensive training program to be provided in bothclassroom and aboard one of Nakilat’s ships. The Cadet’s training will typicallyinvolve a 3-year course of study including training at the sea.
Ongoing training and development will be provided for career progressionpurposes and to attain and maintain proficiency and licensing requirements
High School certificate with 80% pass rate (Scientific stream)
Must be Qatari National
IELTS 5.5 or equivalent