Strategic Account Manager
Location : Singapore
Participate in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow up process.
Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the stakeholder relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying target projects. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
Creates strategies with the customers to create new business opportunities to add value for the customer and ABB.
Develop, maintain and share detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements). Communicates details in accordance with ABB supply, offering and strategy.
Coordinates the use of internal or external resources (e.g. technical, advertising, and marketing) in order to provide value added services to accounts.
Possess an Engineering degree
Proven track record of more than 10 years’ experience in sales and/or account management preferable with ABB organization knowledge.
Has good communication and interpersonal skills
Assertiveness and sales driven with excellent business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
Highly adaptable and driven individual; self-motivated and a team player
•Time Management Skills
Location : Singapore
•Graduates will be rotated during the course of the 18 months program, across ABB‘s businesses and divisions. The job assignment rotation every 6 months provides graduates with all the coaching and development needed to accelerate the functional and leadership competencies and skills for onward progression. This high profile program will also provide excellent learning opportunities such as leadership and mentoring programs, technical and product training, industry site experience and training with leading-edge technologies.
Rotations to functional areas will be allocated giving consideration to business needs, graduate’s field of study / interest and available location. At the conclusion of the program, the graduates will be re-designated to a permanent functional role in the home country and thereafter continuing his/her journey.
Graduates will have to demonstrate personal leadership, teamwork and collaboration abilities, with a high level of initiative, self-confidence, and display future leader aspirations. His/her passion for an engineering career and professional personality to delivering of excellent customer service will also be evaluated. Given the nature of this program individuals must be willing and able to travel as required.
Sales Manager - Oil & Gas
Location : Singapore
Take lead role on Account Management of identified offshore & onshore customers and provide full support on sales phase of the project and participate in key discussions during execution and service phase of the project.
Take charge as Front End Sales Manager to identify business areas, solutions and customer base and develop new clients in Oil & Gas industry.
Managing relationships with customers within the Oil & Gas segment to achieve sales targets
Responsible as a lead for each major pursuit in providing technical solutions for E-House, Electrical and Automation with back office support from technical support / proposal team.
Identify and implement key strategies in winning a project including proper selection of vendors.
Managing tender costing, commercial terms & conditions and involve in negotiation with both customers and vendors to achieve optimal result.
Implementing strategic initiatives for the electrification & automation sales
Developing new relationships with potential customers and identifying new pursuits.
Conduct negotiations with customers and vendors on techno-commercial issues.
To be able to understand customer requirements for electrical and automation systems for Oil & Gas and propose technical and commercial solution
Prepare Analyze, review, revise, create new and innovative tools to improve existing quotation tools, method and work processes.
To be the functional lead on pursuit basis in leading and guiding the proposal and technical support team to achieve team objective.
Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Automation).
At least 8~10 years of relevant experience in Front-End Sales and /or in Tendering / Engineering / Project Management in Oil & Gas Industry.
Knowledge on E-House solution preferred.
Knowledge of commercial and legal terms and project risk management.
Able to communicate effectively (both verbal and written), customer oriented, negotiate, persuasive, possess professional attitude and good team spirit.
Well verse in MS Office application.
Good spoken and written communication skills in English.
Location : Selangor,Malaysia
Service Level Management
- Ensure the availability of Network Communication resources for use with regular customer and operational KPI adherence reviews as defined by the Managed Services business.
- Provide ad hoc formal reporting for both internal and external audiences as required.
- Review complex issues and determine action plans relating to Network Communication related services
- Take ownership of Incidents and Service Requests within the Network Communications group
- Perform all work assigned is performed in accordance with client SLAs and Managed Services management priorities.
- Provide Level 2 support for the Network Communication resources.
- Take responsibility for effective and timely delivery of Network Communication services including but not limited to:
o Implement complex security technologies and maintain network stability for business operation e.g. firewall configuration and installation, VPN design and configuration
o Act as the point of technical escalation for all significant network security issues
o Perform network fault analysis and network debugging to resolve complex issues
o Perform network monitoring and management tasks e.g. firewall performance monitoring, network utilisation monitoring
- Ensure adherence to change management control procedures by gaining approval from the process management steering committee prior to implementation.
Continual Service Improvement
- Perform evaluation for root cause of Incidents and instigate actions to correct both the Incident and the underlying cause.
- Perform maintenance activities within an agreed life cycle for allocated resources maintenance including adherence to agreed design, implementation, testing and documentation standards.
- Assist in the review and maintenance of technical standards and policies.
- Establishing and executing regular audit plans.
- Adapt Managed Services solutions to meet bespoke customer requirements as part of a Transition team.
- Maintain the documentation and processes of Network Communication Services for administration and support.
- Contribute to the development of Training materials with ABB Enterprise Software HR, Managed Services Management and subject matter experts to meet ABB Enterprise Software service objectives as required.
- Contribute to documentation relating to Managed Services Account Management processes as impacted by Network Communication Services changes and development.
- Prepare user requirements statements, time and cost estimates for the completion of enhancement and small project work allocated.
- Comply with existing ABB Enterprise Software Change Management procedures internally and provide where required management of external customer change management procedures as they apply to services performed.
- Ensure all activities are in line with the Managed Services business direction for Globalisation and consistency between operational groups as defined by Managed Services Management.
- Build business relationships with customer stakeholders and develop a positive reputation for ABB Enterprise Software.
- Management of minor projects under a defined project scope and formal project framework.
- Maintain currency of technical knowledge of Network technology, support tool and techniques.
- Undertake other tasks as directed by Management.
SKILL 1 – Experience in technical service delivery, including strong understanding of
o 2-3 years’ experience in an IT Service Delivery Role
o Understanding of the ITIL framework, experience working in a mature change management process environment.
o Understands and is committed to the concepts underlying ITIL quality management.
o Experienced in information technology service delivery
o Basic understanding of IT architecture, both infrastructure and application.
o Results driven orientation
o Committed to excellence in Customer Service
SKLL 2 – Experience in technical systems administration as it relates to network communication resources and services offered including
o 4 years’ experience in a Network/Security Engineer role supporting a range of medium to large enterprise environments.
o Excellent knowledge of Cisco hardware and IOS.
o Excellent knowledge of Checkpoint security solutions.
o Expertise in at least one firewalling package.
o Thorough understanding of Internet Security and Web Application Delivery.
o Very high understanding of Enterprise Network Management and Reporting tools
o Highly skilled in management of Data Networks
o Good understanding of Enterprise Application Architecture and Distributed Applications Architecture.
o Capacity to work with formal support documentation (user requirements, functional design, technical specifications, user guide, etc)
o Competent in system design and specification.
o Strong statistical analysis and problem solving skills
SKILL 3 – Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including
o Ability to understand technical problems and capable of clearly explaining the problem and solution to non-technical staff
o Strong negotiation skills with a win / win outcome focused philosophy
o Excellent written and oral communication skills.
o Ability to work under stress and external pressure.
o Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project)
SKILL 4 – Time Management
o Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and meet deadlines.
o Ability to plan activities and deliver to timelines.
o Ability to work under situations of time criticality
QUAL 1 – Network related industry certifications (Cisco, CheckPoint, etc)
QUAL 2 - ITIL Certification at Foundation level
QUAL 3 - Degree qualified in Information Technology, Business or Commerce with a focus on Data Networks or IT Systems, or extended career experience with Data/Security networks
Senior Software Engineer
• We are seeking a highly technical Java Software Engineer to join our Malaysian Office in Kuala Lumpur. This opportunity is working with one of our core products that is at the forefront of technology. As an experienced Java Developer, you will be successful in this role if you prefer working with the latest technologies, have a passion for the intricacies of technology and you enjoy being challenged to finding solutions to difficult problems.
• Working in a true Agile environment you will be part of a collaborative team that delivers in two week sprints and boasts some of the strongest technical talent in KL. Technically you will have a good working knowledge of Java, JBoss, Hibernate, Oracle databases and Spring with experience in cloud platform development. You will have a background in Integration and experience and knowledge of UML, continuous integration and deployment and Model Driven Philosophy.
• Culturally you will be a strong analytical thinker with exceptional problem solving skills. You will enjoy collaboration with Analysts, Architects and QA staff to design and develop software solutions and working in our offices in Mid Valley.
Core Java & JEE
Tertiary qualifications (completed degree as a minimum) in Information Technology or, alternatively, Engineering with a strong IT component (completed degree as a minimum)
Software development and architectural design - OO principles and design patterns.
o Unit testing and mocking frameworks
o Test Driven Development
o Test Automation (JUnit/Selenium)
Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins/MAVEN)
Experience with GIT, and Java IDEs (Eclipse / IntelliJ)
Strong SQL skills
Experience with report writing (e.g. Business Objects / Jasper / SSRS)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The following skills, qualifications and experiences are an advantage for this role:
- Java certification.
- Agile ‘Scrum’ SDLC experience.
Experience doing “Model Driven Development”.
Software development experience in an enterprise environment on multi-tiered web applications.
Experience in a COTS (Commercial “Off-The-Shelf”) software solution development.
Mobile Web Application experience.
1. Service strategy
Drives implementation of the Business Unit product/system Service strategy as a member of the local Business Unit management team. Ensures corresponding plans are implemented consistently in the Service organization through collaboration with other Business Units.
2. Performance targets
Responsible for delivering agreed targets as part of the global Business Unit P&L. Reports to global Business Unit on entire Service portfolio including all Service categories.
3. Service Delivery
Implements agreed delivery and performance standards to ensure consistency in quality and customer satisfaction set with the global Business Unit.
Executes the global Business Unit service and delivery sales channel strategy within the local business unit remit. Aligns local Business Unit Service organization with Business Unit defined accounts. Implements Service product/system concepts and materials for marketing purposes, and invests in Service Sales to increase market penetration, as directed by the respective global Business Unit.
5. Continuous Improvement
Invests in improving the quality of existing Service products and in developing new Service products to expand the portfolio in line with Global direction. Utilizes common frameworks and participates in Service development projects and initiatives led by the global Business Unit.
6. Health, Safety & Integrity
Is responsible for health and safety of the local Business Unit/Product Group Service team. Enforces a Service safety and integrity culture throughout the Service organization.
7. People Leadership and Development
Ensures (with the support of human resources), that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within Human Resource policies. Improves service availability, provides training and develops capabilities and competencies.
Possess a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Has at least 10 years of relevant working experience in Service preferably in the power and automation industry.
Able to lead and manage teams with a focus on operational planning and process development.
Experienced in budget and policy recommendations and medium term planning.
A suitable candidate should also be results oriented and is able to perform strategic planning.
Able to foster teamwork and collaboration among colleagues and customers.
Possess the capability in developing people.
Able to enforces a service safety and integrity culture throughout the service organization.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
• Ability to create single line diagrams, 3 line diagrams, control circuitry for HV, MV & LV Switchgear
• Strong in basics of industrial electrical engineering
• Detailed product knowledge of ABB’s Gas Insulated switchgear (35KV), Air Insulated switchgear (up to 17.5KV), transformers and protection relays
• Handled local equipment rooms (or) E houses (or) containerized substations
• Ability to quickly refer detailed manuals, interact closely with feeder factories and revert with quick solutions for various possible executions in HV and MV switchgears during sales and execution stage
• Ability to check, identify issues and comment on third party electrical drawings for various products like UPS, DC systems, DG sets etc and ensure compliance to customer / contract specifications
• Work with sales support and sales team during project feed stage to influence customer specifications
• Extensive experience and proficient in using AUTOCAD
• Liaising with suppliers and internal design team during detail design execution phase
• Attend FATs and carry out site surveys
• Identify scope changes to the engineering team leader and to assist in detailing the impact of such changes
• Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering discipline
• Full driving license
• Flexible working hours and the ability to travel
• Eligible to work in the UK - preferable
• Proven experience of at least 5-7 yrs in the design, configuration, testing and commissioning of MV, LV switchgears
• Experienced at working on both national and international projects and companies
• Familiar with current national and international engineering standards
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Culturally aware and demonstrates ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Be accountable for the Planning Team whilst providing necessary support to team members including coaching/mentoring, performance reviews and technical assistance.
• Ensure effective planning is carried out for all projects and tenders
• Ensure a robust adherence to procedure whilst looking for continuous improvement.
• Ensure robust programme change control is exercised across all projects
• To be aware of and maintain an understanding of the contract documents, codes of practice, standards and specifications in particular NEC3
• Provide consistent and proactive programme reporting at project, delivery team and business level addressing key interfaces and outturn projections
• Maintain Project and Business wide key resource capacity information at all times.
• Ensure effective programme support is provided for all tenders, present tender programme philosophy and strategy to clients
• Committed to anticipating and seeking out customer needs both internally and externally.
• Ability to review and propose process improvements
• Develop an effective planning team able to meet flexible business demands
• Develop a robust succession plan
• Ensure local planning/programme processes align with group directives
• HNC level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline – Electrical or Mechanical.
• Thorough knowledge of Primavera P6
• Computer literacy – Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Demonstrable knowledge/experience of successful project delivery of complex projects with multiple interfaces
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
• Ability to analyse and simplify complex stakeholder programme interfaces
• Happy to get involved and do what's needed
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Your main tasks will be the following-
• Health and Safety- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities, report unsafe practices and incidents.
• Service Delivery- Diagnose technical problems and determine corrective actions.Repair products and systems via remote and on-site services, Assess technical issues to determine if on site assistance is required. Perform all on- site activities in accordance with ABB processes, procedures and safety guidelines, Solve hardware and functional compatibility problems found during service intervention and replace faulty hardware involved, Provide assistance via service calls during and after hours as necessary and investigate specialist customer needs by professional consulting.
• One ABB Approach -Co-operate actively with other ABB units to achieve common targets, Ensure the coordination of the other internal and external technicians and assign them specific tasks related to service need.
• Leadership- Act as project leader in the service project by analyzing the project requirements and clarifying project scope, Provide technical specialist leadership and coordination for the service team, Create and develop good team spirit.
• Continuous improvement- Proactively identify potential equipment failures and request proactive corrective actions.
Ideally you will have a technical diploma or bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in installation,commissioning and service.Sound knowledge in GIS installation and commissioning will be required. Any GIS certification will be an added advantage.
Mobile Web Application experience.
Supply Chain Manager
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Your main tasks will be the following-
• Lead the supply chain management function in the HBU in line with the division and BU SCM strategy and in close co-ordination with the HBU BU manager.
• Ensure that appropriate KPIs are implemented in the LPG / LBU SCM organizations and monitor the actual performance and achievements at least on a monthly basis. Report HBU SCM performance to the BU SCM manager in alignment with the BU governance structure.
• Ensure in alignment with the LPG / LBU manager and BU SCM manager that corrective actions are taken in case of underperformance.
• For categories managed by global category managers, ensure that the category managers receive sufficient market and demand input from the region, and that the category strategies and in particular the respective supplier classification are adhered to.
• For categories managed in the HBU (e.g. civil & installation), ensure that supply markets and demand patterns are known and understood, that appropriate category strategies are defined in alignment with the business management and these strategies consider potential synergies in the HBU.
• Ensure forward looking demand visibility in the HBU, and ensure that demands within the HBU, but also across HBUs are bundled to maximize leverage on the supply chain.
• Support the LPG / LBU managers in the selection, evaluation and development of LPG / LBU SCM managers. Coach and develop LPG / LBU SCM managers.
• Review implementation of the integration of SCM in the LPG tender and execution processes and define jointly with the LPG, HBU and local division SCM manager corrective actions where required.
• Ensure that all applicable group, division and BU SCM processes, instructions and guidelines are trained and implemented in the HBU organization. Where appropriate, facilitate the implementation of SCM maturity assessment and ensure follow up of respective action plans. Standardize SCM processes and tools in the HBU, in line with BEC – SCM (former Group Function – SCM) or Divisional best practices, and ensure that SCM capacity can be balanced as required.
• Monitor that the SCM organizations in the HBU have the mandate for the complete internal and external spend, including specifically the mandate for contracted services. Monitor and ensure that the SCM organizations in the HBU are adequately staffed with regards to both headcount and competence.
Ideally you will have a bachelor's degree in engineering with at least 7-10 years experience of managing a team, preferably in a project business environment. Strong knowledge in supply chain managment is required.SAP knowledge will be preferred.