• Identifies new business opportunities by establishment of a business development process to capture new business ideas, test feasibility, and ensure appropriate incubation.
• Enacts business development process by developing tools and reports (e.g., business case development), and governance model (e.g., for go/no-go decisions)
• Analyzes possible strategic alliances and potential markets and defining target markets
• Communicates business development process within organization
• Gathers and prioritizes existing business development initiatives
• Facilitates business cases development for commercial and financial assessment of selected business ideas
• Monitors and manages business development process of approved business ideas
• Leverages Qatar Rail capabilities in regional rail development projects
• Conducts market analysis, competition and analysis of key industry trends for potential business opportunities
• Manage the development of the competitive landscape analysis
• Monitors performance of retail portfolio businesses and benchmarks them with peer competitors
• Monitors project implementation
• Manages all phases of business development - identification, qualification,proposal and closing
• Manages relationships with external consultants and government agencies
• Generating revenue and achieving performance targets
• Degree in Business (MBA preferred)
• 10+ years of business development experience
• Experience with retail, sales, leasing and asset management
· Provides strategic Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster initiatives to Qatar Rail, both Corporate and Program.
· Ensures development & implementation of Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster department planning.
· Ensures synchronisation of Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster strategies and plans within the overall strategic direction of Qatar Rail.
· Sets Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster department objectives.
· Represents Qatar Rail at appropriate external forums providing a positive perception and provide input to the development of best practise throughout Qatar.
· Ensures development and implementation of the Company Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster Management system supporting Company Policies in readiness for certification to ISO 22301 etc.
· Develops Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster Initiatives and Incentive schemes that recognise and reward excellence in Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster matters thus generating motivation and positive competition throughout Qatar Rail
· Develops and ensures implementation of the plan for auditing and assessment for 1st, 2nd & 3rd party Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster System audits in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders.
· Develops and implements measures that ensure communication of relevant and timely Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster communications.
· Ensures that appropriate communication processes are established within the organisation and that communication takes place regarding the effectiveness of the Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster Management System.
· Develops, communicates and ensures implementation of a monthly performance review, including an organisation-wide self-assessment, involving assessment of the agreed Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster requirements to ensure actions are identified and implemented to address noncompliance.
· Ensures close work with stakeholders; providing support and assistance for them to achieve their goals of being Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster compliant.
· Conducts periodic Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster Tours in line with Qatar Rail Senior Management Guidance document.
· Any other discipline task as directed by line management.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster or related field
· Minimum 12 years’ of experience in implementing and monitoring effective Emergency Security & Crisis Disaster and processes in line with international best practice
· Membership of professional institution
· Qualified Auditor
· Computer literate
· Effective use of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Effective English oral and written communication skills
· Accountable and naturally works well with the team to seek innovative solutions
· Able to collaborate with end users and have a strong desire to excel
· Effective organisational skills
· Work well as part of a team
The Permitting Fire Safety Expert will be responsible for the review of the design of various Metro sections of the Doha Metro Project. Your design tasks will include review of plans, schematics, equipment selection, load calculations, and specifications. This position requires the engineer to effectively and personably work with senior level associates in all efforts to execute each Metro Line. This person is expected to work closely with authorities and project managers to ensure the success of each Metro Line from inception to completion. These responsibilities include attending project and design meetings, which involves interfacing and coordination with various stakeholders among other tasks.
1. Create procedures and methods dealing with fire safety and prevention.
2. Provide technical assistance, guidance and advise to architects, engineers, developers, contractors, building owners, and various fire department personnel by providing a technical interpretation of building and fire codes as they apply to a jurisdiction.
3. Review and evaluate the design of fire safety plans and associated reports. (Fire detection equipment, alarm systems, fire extinguishing devices, etc.)
4. Review and evaluate engineering construction documents including plans and specifications to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances, and standards.
5. Review and evaluate smoke removal rational analysis reports to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances, and standards.
6. Review and evaluate sprinkler, fire suppression and fire alarm shop drawings and calculations to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances, and standards
7. Review and evaluate architectural plans to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances, and standards.
8. Review and evaluate the design, operation, commissioning and maintenance of fire protection and life safety systems and features
9. Review and study dangerous processes or materials and create safety measures for handling them.
10. Identify potential fire hazards in Metro Lines and Stations, such as water supplies, exit locations, and construction materials.
11. Ensure Design &Build Contractors follow the fire protection regulations.
12. Review and inspect the site, construction, sprinkler, standpipe, fire alarm, and all other system plans to ensure that they conform to the applicable regulations, standards, and codes. Evaluate and review sprinkler systems, fire main installations, detection and alarm systems, smoke control systems, and other fire protection components. Evaluate briefs submitted by engineers seeking approval for code equivalency.
- Candidates are to have a degree in fire protection engineering or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 4 years.
- Candidates are to have knowledge of Building and Fire Code, and NFPA Codes and standards requirements related to fire protection and life safety.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with web-based collaboration technologies for project information and process management software as Aconex is desirable.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit MEP desired.
- Participate actively in review and decision making progress. In particular participate in review meetings.
- Response to and advise the contractor on any comments to or objections to the design.
- Make recommendation on issuance of SONO certificate
- Detailed technical review of design documents and makes recommendations. Check for completeness, constructability, areas of significant cost reduction, compliance with design intent, and completeness of information and confirm coordination of disciplines (Including BIM)
- Offer professional architectural expertise to help improve the design
- Manage the DB Contractors to ensure that the branding is effectively implemented
- Manage and coordinate Architectural & MEP design activities and deliverables (Including BIM)
- Provide analyses and recommendations where required
- Design, quality and safety reviews where required
- To provide recommendations on RFI’s issued by the DB Contractors
- To provide recommendations on RFC’s issued by the DB Contractors and / or if required PMC themselves to issue RFC’s.
Master degree in Architecture
- Design management in large and complex project
- Knowledge on the Architectural Design (Conceptual & Development/ Detailed Design)
- Strong Knowledge on BIM and 3D parametric modelling
- Autocad, BIM, Sketch-up, 3Ds Max, V-Ray render, Maxwell render, Ms Office
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills in English
• Acts as a single point of contact for all issues relating to codification and engineering standards relating to asset management.
• Develops and implements asset management engineering standards.
• Develops and implements codification standards for engineering and asset management.
• Consults internal and external stakeholders to ensure that standards and codification principles can be implemented harmoniously across all Qatar Rail networks.
• Contributes with other AM experts to the development of system configuration standards.
• Determines processes for approvals, sign offs for asset changes and sign offs for engineering requests within the asset management system.
• Manages and expedites all asset management issues relating to standards and codification across the network assets.
• Ensures integrity of asset engineering standards across various disciplines.
• Works in conjunction with other AM experts to ensure consistency of asset and technical processes.
• Coordinates any changes to standards ensuring that all stakeholders are consulted while assessing change requests.
• Ensures communication and consultation with other AM experts and external stakeholders so that engineering standards that are generated for specific Networks can be implemented across other Networks as far as practically feasible.
- Degree in engineering along with substantial experience in the asset management field.
- Minimum 10 year of experience of working in a railway asset environment of which minimum 5 years hands on experience should be in asset engineering within a railway environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within one of the main railway engineering disciplines, including but not limited to rolling stock, signalling, civil infrastructure or electric/electronic/communications engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Railways Operation and Maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of engineering standards relating to asset management.
- Experience in building relationships with, and influencing a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation.
• Coordinates & implements asset management system design configuration with the external Implementation Team from the external provider and integrating all the tools that interface with the asset management system.
• Resolves all the configuration and implementation issues and interfaces with external tools.
• Liaises with the End Operators, both Rail and FM Operator to ensure that that all new processes required by the operators are configured into the asset management system in a manner that is compatible with Qatar Rail Standards.
• Works in conjunction with other AM Experts to ensure consistency of asset and technical processes.
• Coordinates all interfaces, configuration and system design ensuring that all stakeholders are consulted.
• Ensures communication and consultation with other AM experts and external stakeholders so that implementation and configuration issues are resolved.
• Ensures that the user business requirements are adequately covered in system design.
• Performs assessments necessary to plan and design the asset management system.
• Performs and completes the necessary designs to implement user requirements.
• Conducts tests with the users and end operators.
• Coordinates users’ requirements with the internal stakeholders and the external implementation company.
• Manages training requirements for users
• University degree in engineering or a relevant field along with substantial experience working as a system functional consultant or similar role.
• Minimum experience of 10 years of which a substantial period includes working in an asset management environment.
• Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in enterprise asset management environment.
• Demonstrated experience in using at least one asset management system tool like SAP, Maximo, Oracle, Ellipse.